BERLIN, Germany — May 19, 2015 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced the opening of the 28th annual SIMULIA Community Conference (SCC), taking place at the InterContinental Hotel in Berlin, Germany through May 21, 2015. The largest European gathering in the history of the conference features three days of discussions, hands-on training, product updates, seminars and customer presentations dedicated to simulation as the driving force powering innovation in the enterprise.
At the 2015 SCC, leading simulation thinkers, practitioners and software vendors will converge to spotlight the hottest topics in simulation today. Users will showcase their implementation of optimization, fatigue and durability, multi-body dynamics and other advanced simulation technologies and methods, as well as the expansion of simulation to process automation, data management and collaboration with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. In today’s age of experience, simulation plays a central role in design innovation and in defining competitive advantage for organizations.
“The influence of SIMULIA users within their organization is growing, and their impact on our world is more inspiring each year,” said Scott Berkey, CEO, SIMULIA, Dassault Systèmes. “At this year’s SCC, we will hear directly from leaders in simulation who are powering innovation in their organizations, and making a difference in our lives. These speakers have expanded from simulation as an essential practice, to a simulation culture central to their competitive advantage. We welcome our SIMULIA community to Berlin so we can help all of our customers make this same transformation. We look forward to a great conference.”
The event will kick-off with opening remarks from Bernard Charlès, CEO, Dassault Systèmes, and Scott Berkey. Keynote speakers and special guests include:
• Dominique Moreau, Head of Airframe Technical Authority, Airbus, who will provide an overview about the A350 numerical simulation success story;
• Bruce A. Dale, Chief Subsurface Engineer, ExxonMobil, who will discuss a collaborative partnership undertaken by ExxonMobil and SIMULIA to address key challenges in the oil and gas industry; and
• Dr. Martin Hilchenbach, Researcher, Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, who will share his multi-body simulation experience with the Rosetta spacecraft and first-ever successful landing on a comet.
Other highlights of the event include:
• An announcement from Dassault Systèmes’ realistic 3D heart simulation “Living Heart Project”;
• More than 25 academic poster presentations from around the globe highlighting a variety of research and teaching endeavors;
• A special hands-on exhibit to connect attendees with realistic simulation results in 3D, including geomechanics, automotive and virtual human modeling; and
• The exhibit hall and 3DEXPERIENCE Playground featuring more than 25 hardware and software vendors that work with SIMULIA applications to deliver new business benefits.
For additional information on this year’s SCC or to register, please visit: http://www.3ds.com/events/simulia-community-conference/overview/
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 220, 000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com
3DEXPERIENCE, the Compass logo and the 3DS logo, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, ENOVIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, 3D VIA, BIOVIA, NETVIBES and 3DEXCITE are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.