LAS VEGAS — November 12, 2014 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced at its annual 3DEXPERIENCE Forum NAM two new natural resources industry solution experiences for mining, “Lean Mine Construction” and “Perfect Mine and Plant.” Based on Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform, these industry solution experiences drive transformational change in mining by helping companies develop and run more efficient mines with unprecedented decision-making agility.
The mining industry has faced severe business challenges for over a decade. Fragile economic recoveries and changing mining commodity demand have negatively impacted productivity, while operating costs have increased. In addition, operations have suffered from inefficient interaction between core planning, engineering, plant production and geology teams. The result is pressure on profit margins, making many mining operations unprofitable and/or forcing them to close.
Dassault Systèmes’ new industry solution experiences introduce greater agility into business planning, design and production to spark long-needed change. With “Lean Mine Construction”, the applications and knowledge required to help ensure that mine sites are completed on time and on budget, are all available on one platform. “Lean Mine Construction” unites mining companies with their contractors and partners in an immersive collaborative environment for site infrastructure and processing plant design, project planning, procurement, and construction management. Mine sites can deliver optimal production and efficiency from the moment they are commissioned.
With “Perfect Mine and Plant”, all levels of a mining organization collaborate to make the company more agile in response to operational performance variation, emerging business opportunities and changing market conditions. Executives, planners, and mine managers use data from across the mining value chain, along with decision making applications, to optimize long-term plans, align financial objectives and ensure that all levels of the organization are synchronized, for greater strategic control.
“Producing the raw materials essential for economic development and our modern lives is becoming ever more complex. Success for the mining industry comes from two sources of competitive advantage – increased productivity through a stable operating model facilitated by technology and the implementation of disruptive technologies that can change the game. Companies will need both to succeed,” said Tony O’Neill, Group Director, Technical and Sustainability, Anglo American. “By using 3D modeling of concepts and providing the ability to rapidly and dynamically test ideas in a more expansive way, Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform plays a key role in addressing some of the mining industry’s business performance challenges.”
“The mining industry is at a tipping point in its history as companies seek to return greater profits while doing so more sustainably,” said Monica Menghini, Executive Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Industry and Marketing, Dassault Systèmes. “Our 3DEXPERIENCE platform and its industry solution experiences are bringing a new level of innovation to mining and will help deliver the technological step changes companies need to deliver on their objectives.”
Key Capabilities and Benefits
“Lean Mine Construction”:
• Ensures better mining operational productivity through 4D simulation and modeling to identify the right site infrastructure layout and plant processing capacity before construction begins;
• Lowers costs and reduces errors by enabling design of modularized infrastructure and plant components, which can be tested and assembled in a virtual world before fabrication is approved;
• Supports rapid adjustments to engineering designs when requirements change, and facilitates just-in-time delivery of components to site and further lowers costs through integration of design engineering, project scheduling, and procurement;
“Perfect Mine and Plant”:
• Reduces variability through optimized scheduling and operational control;
• Delivers on the promise of big data to improve productivity, efficiency, and cost control across mining organizations;
• Provides management with the data needed to achieve predictable production output and meet production targets;
• Breaks down the silos between mining and processing functions and provides the simulation and validation capabilities required to allow innovative ideas to be explored and proven before they are implemented.
For more information about “Lean Mine Construction” and “Perfect Mine and Plant” industry solution experiences, please visit http://www.3ds.com/industries/natural-resources.
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 220, 000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com
3DEXPERIENCE, the Compass logo and the 3DS logo, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, ENOVIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, 3D VIA, BIOVIA, NETVIBES and 3DEXCITE are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.