Dassault Systèmes Announces V6 Release 2013 of its 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
Continued Openness and Industry-specific Solutions Deliver Rapid Value Across Industry Experience
VÉLIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France — June 20, 2012— Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) today announced the latest release of its 3DEXPERIENCE platform. V6 Release 2013 brings new capabilities to numerous industries such as aerospace and defense, transportation and mobility, marine and offshore, consumer goods and consumer packaged goods.
V6 Release 2013 of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform includes:
• new xCAD file converters for easier supply chain collaboration and reuse of parts without translation; • newly published APIs in robotics, ergonomics and machining; and • additional xPDM interfaces for enhanced flexibility, including several with SAP.
Dassault Systèmes also recently announced its ongoing commitment to openness, continuing its support of the next phases of the Codex of PLM Openness, an initiative driven by automotive OEMs, suppliers and the ProSTEP iViP association (see separate press release here).
V6 Release 2013 brings significant enhancements to Dassault Systèmes’ Industry Solutions, such as:
• Transportation and Mobility solutions: updated ENOVIA integrations with the industry-standard International Material Data System and CATIA Live Weight to dashboard an assembly’s weight, center of gravity, and related tolerances. Additionally, creative designers now have a dedicated character line feature in Imagine & Shape, CATIA’s virtual clay modeler, to smooth and refine sharp edges in exterior body designs.
• Marine and Offshore solutions: additional digital ship platform capability with the new Structure Detail Design product and its integration with CATIA’s Structure Functional Design. This data associativity means that later functional design changes propagate to the structural detailed design.
• Consumer Goods and Consumer Packaged Goods Industry solutions: improved usability, visualization and performance in 3DVIA Store, the 3D retailing and merchandising simulation solution, enhancements to Natural Sketch, CATIA’s 3D sketching solution, and improved interface to the product formula design and management capabilities from recently acquired Enginuity Solutions.
• Finally, all industries will get value from Exalead CloudView’s new linear scalability and connectivity enhancements, extracting easy views from both structured or unstructured data, enterprise or Web-based. Exalead’s data model is now extended to immediately transform heterogeneous, multi-source Big Data into consistent intelligent information.
"The globalization of our company requires integrated and standardized engineering processes, which also interface to production and to external suppliers," said Kai Wallasch, responsible for global CAD-PDM at CLAAS, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of agricultural machinery. "In addition, the use of virtual engineering features will reduce time-to-market of our products considerably and support the managing of increasing product complexity. The integrated combination of ENOVIA V6 and CATIA V6 is one of the key systems to deal with these future challenges."
“At each release of our 3DEXPERIENCE platform, our focus is to provide our customers with improved capabilities to create the right value for their own customers or consumers,” said Dominique Florack, senior executive vice president, Products, R&D, Dassault Systèmes. “By thinking in terms of the final value that our customers need to bring to their ultimate consumers, we fundamentally impact the platform enhancements that need to be done. Many in the software industry frequently say they’re ‘customer-centric.’ But our approach goes beyond simply delivering towards customer needs. It means aligning ourselves to the real business challenges they’re facing and designing the right platform enhancement ‘with their consumer’s needs in mind, beyond IT.”
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 250, 000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com
3DEXPERIENCE, the Compass logo and the 3DS logo, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, ENOVIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, 3D VIA, BIOVIA, NETVIBES and 3DEXCITE are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.