VELIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France — February 3, 2015 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced that SOLIDWORKS World 2015, its 17th annual conference dedicated to the 3D design and engineering community, will take place from February 8-11, 2015 at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
In today’s age of experience, the design world is more social, conceptual and collaborative than ever before. SOLIDWORKS World 2015 will assemble more than 5,000 engineers and designers from across the globe to network, learn, share and discover the latest in SOLIDWORKS 3D applications and engineering technologies that help millions of users innovate in product design, simulation, technical communication and data management.
“At the very heart of SOLIDWORKS are the concepts of collaboration and innovation, which are driven by our creative and passionate user community,” said Gian Paolo Bassi, CEO, SOLIDWORKS, Dassault Systèmes. “SOLIDWORKS World 2015 offers them the opportunity to build relationships and access tools that help nurture imaginative ideas and develop them into tangible realities. We are excited to once again discover fresh perspectives and share design technologies of the future at this unique global event.”
This year’s four-day conference agenda will feature keynote presentations from scientific, design and engineering visionaries whose contributions have influenced millions of 3D design enthusiasts and professionals. Speakers include:
• Michio Kaku, Ph.D., Physicist and Author of the number one New York Times best seller, The Future of the Mind
• Jinsop Lee, Industrial Designer, and Chief Globalization Officer at Linno
• Bre Pettis, Co-Founder and former CEO of MakerBot Industries and current Chief Innovation Officer at Bold Machines
SOLIDWORKS World 2015 will also feature tutorials and events dedicated to the SOLIDWORKS user community that address best practices for 3D CAD, as well as innovations in mechanical design and engineering. Highlights include:
• Demonstrations of SOLIDWORKS 2015 portfolio enhancements on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, including its cloud-based capabilities and wider range of choices for improving productivity, work processes, and operating costs;
• More than 200 breakout and hands-on training sessions from SOLIDWORKS users, addressing beginner (“Your First Steps with SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation” or “Introduction to SOLIDWORKS Plastics 2015”) to advanced skill-sets (“Modeling Organic Geometry” or “Sketch Curves and Continuity”);
• Over 100 exhibitors displaying new technologies and products in the SOLIDWORKS World 2015 Partner Pavilion;
• Presentations from Bernard Charlès, CEO, Dassault Systèmes, Gian Paolo Bassi, CEO, SOLIDWORKS, and Bertrand Sicot, former CEO, SOLIDWORKS and current Vice President Sales, Dassault Systèmes Value Solutions;
• Unveiling of the user community-generated top ten list of enhancements to future versions of SOLIDWORKS;
• Access to exclusive pre-conference sessions, including CAD Manager’s Boot Camp, SOLIDWORKS Educators’ Program Meeting and SOLIDWORKS User Group Meeting;
• Opportunity to confirm CAD skills with free SOLIDWORKS Certification Exams;
• Over 40 hours of networking opportunities with peers; and
• Preview of upcoming technology features of SOLIDWORKS World 2016.
For more information about SOLIDWORKS World 2015, visit http://www.solidworks.com/sww/. Visitors to the site will also be able to register to watch the live streaming of the event’s general sessions.
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 220, 000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com
3DEXPERIENCE, the Compass logo and the 3DS logo, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, ENOVIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, 3D VIA, BIOVIA, NETVIBES and 3DEXCITE are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.