VÉLIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France — March 21, 2013 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced the general availability of the latest release of its Version 5 PLM applications.
Today’s V5-6R2013 release adds new composite fiber modeling technology (based on recently the acquired Simulayt), increased openness and standards support and enhanced high-end surface modelling capabilities. The new release also includes additions to the groundbreaking V6-to-V5 multi-version compatibility announced last year, further enabling internal and external V6-V5 collaboration. V5-6R2013 includes nearly 40 new 3DEXPERIENCE technologies originally from V6R2013 and V6R2013x.
“Today’s announced enhancements bring a whole new level of capability to our V5 install base. It is rich in features, functions, and new products. At the same time, we are thinking far beyond that,” said Dominique Florack, Senior Executive Vice President, Products, R&D, Dassault Systèmes. “We are considering how our customers develop their products and their own customers’ experiences, how they work with suppliers regardless of version, and how they adopt new software over time. ”
• New composites materials fiber simulation capabilities to optimize ply shapes and ensure accurate composites manufacturing. This technology, based on the recently acquired Simulayt, is routinely used to analyze complex surfaces, particularly in aerospace, motorsports and the energy sector. Fiber Modeler was originally introduced in V6R2013x and is now natively available in V5-6R2013 of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
• Recently announced support for ISO-approved STEP data exchange and openness is now included in V5, enabling industry-standard openness, data exchange, visualization, and long term archiving of 3D models. Originally announced as part of V6R2013x, support of the ISO-developed STEP242 is now part of V5 and enables import and export of BREP and Tessellated data, demonstrating the increasing adoption of a 3D Master methodology in the automotive and aerospace industries;
• The transfer of native capabilities from V6 to V5 continues with the introduction of nearly 40 new Part Design, Sketcher and Surfacing functions originally developed for the 3DEXPERIENCE platform in V6R2013 and V6R103x, including 21 new capabilities in Generative Shape Design, seven new enhancements to Part Design, and 11 new functions in Sketcher;
• Multi-version compatibility between V6 and V5 is increased. V6 models opened in V5 now retain features created in the FreeStyle workbench, Kinematic Mechanism specifications, and Functional Tolerancing & Annotation (FTA) data. Anything designed in the V6 FreeStyle workbench is now editable in V5-6R2013. Kinematic specifications, including joints, commands and dress-up can now be edited from V5 after being developed in V6. When exporting FTA information from V6, the data, as well as links between FTA features and geometry, are maintained in V5. The capabilities announced today further enable customers and their supply chains to benefit from the value of V6 alongside their existing V5 deployments. These new compatibilities are in addition to previously announced compatible workbenches (e.g. V6’s Part Design, Sketcher and Generative Surface Design and knowledgeware);
• CATIA ICEM Shape Design extends its high-end Class A surfacing modeling capabilities with 68 separate enhancements to Curve Creation, Surface Creation, Modification, Analysis and Infrastructure. From conceptualization through final refinement and detailed design, this release contains multiple powerful enhancements increasing the productivity of the user interface, improving graphics performance and integration with ICEMSURF.
“We have a large customer base and they have a variety of solutions from us that enable the creation of enticing, delightful products and experiences,” said Monica Menghini, Executive Vice President, Industry and Marketing, Dassault Systèmes. “We have a responsibility to bring the latest innovative technologies to them, regardless of what 3DEXPERIENCE solutions they are using. At the highest level, version names, ‘V4,’ ‘V5,’ ‘V6,’ should be irrelevant. . It doesn’t matter what version is indicated on the splash screen. We will make sure our customers succeed, offering them the ability to work with their ecosystems and adopt new, innovative technologies at their own pace.”
For additional information on version to version collaboration, please visit www.3ds.com/V6-V5.
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 220, 000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com
3DEXPERIENCE, the Compass logo and the 3DS logo, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, ENOVIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, 3D VIA, BIOVIA, NETVIBES and 3DEXCITE are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.