The 3DVIA Composer JT Plug-in CADverter is a direct database converter between the JT file format, used by the Siemens Teamcenter Visualization products, and Dassault Systèmes 3DVIA Composer application. It enables users to interactively open JT data directly into the 3DVIA Composer environment. Once data has been opened it can be completely manipulated using the extensive functionality of the 3DVIA Composer application, allowing the user to access any product structure information, and geometry, while authoring 3DVIA Composer output. In addition to assembly structure and geometry information any JT Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) data is also converted enabling it to be used for manufacturing output purposes .
As well as the interactive solution there are also two optional licenses available to automate the creation of 3DVIA Composer output using the 3DVIA Sync or 3DVIA Enterprise Sync interfaces. The 3DVIA Sync interface enables the creation of 3DVIA Composer .smg output using the batch mode translator. The use of the 3DVIA Enterprise Sync command line interface allows the conversion process to be integrated into any process oriented operation e.g the creation of 3DVIA Composer .smg representations of the JT data as an automated process within a Product Lifecycle Management workflow.
This product has been developed using a combination of the Siemens JT Open and Dassault Systèmes strategic XCAD technology, ensuring full compatibility with both systems.
JT assembly and tessellated or BREP geometry is translated into native 3DVIA Composer assembly structure and geometry definitions. JT PMI (Product Manufacturing Information) is created as equivalent 3DVIA Composer data structures.
- Runs independently of JT products so minimizes cost and complexity enabling users of 3Dvia to work with JT data.
- Reduce costs and risks associated to accessing the wrong version of data by integrating the conversion process into all related business processes.
- Reduce costs due to processing time and increase overall conversion success levels by filtering input data and focusing the conversion to only those elements required.
- Converts JT assembly and tessellated or BREP geometry into native 3DVIA Composer assembly structure and geometry definitions. JT PMI (Product Manufacturing Information) is created as equivalent 3DVIA Composer data structures.
- The conversion process can be run Interactively or in Batch mode. Command line interface allows process integration. Optional Sync and Enterprise Sync compatiable licenses are available for batch conversion and PLM integration in addition to the standard interactive translation mode.