Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As a Staff Software Development Engineer in Test, you are an integral part of our team building cloud-native, web applications and services. You will contribute to the improvement of our automation framework, design and implement automated and manual tests, and support our entire Platform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You are an energetic, motivated, hands-on automation tester, passionate about building scalable solutions and will individually contribute in the following ways:The person in this role defines strategy and provides leadership across teams on the portfolio/product line.
- Support management in creating self-managing and self-improving teams through an active retrospective process.
- Ability to define the testing approach and strategy across a program or multiple projects.
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert and provide coaching to team members on prioritization and estimation of all testing activities.
- Ability to evaluate emerging test design/strategies/practices.
- Demonstrates exemplary teamwork and maintains the respect of others. Diffuses tense situations and manages conflicts appropriately.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all team members and with cross-functional teams
- Ability to negotiate priorities and assure that testing issues are discussed and resolved.
- Ability to review test coverage and propose solutions to increase test effectiveness.
- Ability to diagnose complex issues and suggest testing strategies.
- Demonstrates a core passion to coach and mentor others on testing.
- Ability to coach other testers to create a test strategy or use a test tool.
- Ability to coach and propagate valuable testing practices within the team.
- Utilizes a variety of testing tools and is able to instruct others on their use.
- Ability to switch context quickly and easily.
- Knowledgeable in Agile Practices
- Clinical industry experience is an asset
Your Education & Experience:
- 8+ years relevant job experience
- Typically requires related experience and a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
- Experience with leading and collaborating with offshore team members
- Experience with API, UI, Database Test automation
- Experience working with code repositories such as GitHub.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Travis, GoCD
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Experience with cloud technology such as AWS, docker, kubernetes and/or others
- Experience with Context-Driven and Session Based testing
- Working with enterprise-class web API patterns and protocols, REST
- Understanding of source control management (Git/GitHub)
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar relational database management system (RDBMS)
- Familiarity with web development frameworks such as Rails,ReactJS or AngularJS
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $114,750 to $141,488.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission under the terms of applicable plan documents, while many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Additionally, Medidata provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and should help you care for those who matter most. For that reason, we provide an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.