Imagine New Horizons…
BIOVIA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of DASSAULT SYSTEMES, supports industries and organizations that rely on scientific innovation to differentiate themselves. Our customer base includes the world’s largest Chemicals, Advanced Materials, Consumer Packaged Goods, Aerospace, Automotive, and Life Science organizations.
What will your role be?
As a Solutions Consultant (Pre-sales Scientist), you will partner with our BIOVIA Enterprise laboratory informatics business and support clients across many industries including the chemicals, consumer package goods, transportation and mobility, and aerospace and defense industries. You will leverage your technical and scientific experience in a commercial business environment through opportunity strategy, discovery conversations, presentation, demonstration and sale of applications and services. The ideal candidate will have a strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
The Challenges Ahead:
- Understand and refine customer's critical business issues to be able to strategically position the value of BIOVIA’s laboratory informatics offerings
- Manage technical and scientific software evaluations, workshops and demonstrations
- Prepare and deliver presentations to business and informatics representatives, from a user to a C-level perspective
- Drive responses regarding Request for Information as well as Request for Proposals (RFI and RFP)
Key Success Factors:
- BS, M.Sc., or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, Biology, Pharmaceutical or related fields
- Passion for learning
- Experience with commercial grade informatics tools (ELN, LIMS, Registration, SDMS, CDS) used in a commercial or academic setting required
- Professional experience regarding chemistry, materials science, and/or biosciences
- Customer facing skills; experience of delivering formal technical and software presentations and demonstrations to scientific audiences
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a larger team
- Must be able to travel extensively (up to 25%), including overnight
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.