Imagine new horizons…
At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and build the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
We are seeking a Design-based Simulation Optimization Software Test Engineer to focus on our 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation Process and Optimization applications. As part of the SIMULIA brand’s Quality Engineer and Operations team, you will perform Quality Assessments of these products and ensure that our quality criteria is achieved prior to release.
This position is located in our Johnston, RI location and is hybrid with 3 days in office and 2 days remote.
What will your role be?
The Optimization discipline provides capabilities to automatically run and re-run simulation methods with varying parameters allowing design space exploration and optimization. Multiple simulations can be automatically run to provide a set of data points for comparison and selection. Within these data sets, optimal design points can be discovered and chosen to reduce weight and cost and increase durability, strength, and lifespan.
To increase the value of simulation investment, the Automation discipline includes capabilities to allow users to develop, store, manage, deploy, share, and replay standard methods for simulation-driven design.
In this role, you will be responsible for testing our Optimization and Automation simulation applications and technologies.
This work includes testing of new features and capabilities, validating and executing industry models and workflows, designing and executing regression tests to ensure existing functionality & performance is not degraded.
This person will work closely with various members of the software development teams, product management, customer support, and field engineers to ensure our tests are properly capturing various customer workflow scenarios.
The Challenges Ahead
- Investigate the relationships between design parameters and their influence on performance objectives, to improve the efficiency of design exploration using Isight technology
- Systematically explore variations of and trade-offs between design parameters with analytics and visualization to identify the best design that satisfies requirements
- Assess the influence of variability to reduce the probability of design failures and increase robustness
- Enable intelligent decision-making collaboratively across the organization
- Build, save, replay, manage, deploy, and share simulation methods with other users
- Use validated methods as corporate standard to reduce simulation effort and error and increase efficiency and throughput
- Explore the design space using automated simulation execution, processing, and analytics
- Review software requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback and compliance with DS Standards.
- Design, develop and execute functional, installation, licensing, performance & scalability test plans based on Industrialization strategy for new functions.
- Validate Industry Process Workflows and participate in release readiness assessments as well as Go/No-Go decision making.
- Design, develop and execute test automation scripts to drive the test cases and workflows
- Create and maintain 3DEXPERIENCE test environments
- Perform test results analysis of manual and automated tests
- Identify and document software defects and validate fixes in a timely manner
- Communicate quality status while pro-actively monitoring the testing process
- Monitor, evaluate and improve SDLC and test processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Evaluate and provide timely communications and release readiness assessments to key management and stakeholders
Key Success Factors:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, data science, operations or similar
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills including ability to clearly articulate details
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and team player mentality is essential
- Problem solver with critical thinking skills and passion to learn and drive results
- A curiosity and ability to find problems coupled with critical thinking skills with a passion to learn and drive results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.