Imagine new horizons...
Power 3DEXPERIENCE Cloud with the highest performing and most robust computing platform, to operate the complete SIMULIA portfolio.
Dassault Systèmes - a global innovator of simulation driven engineering solutions is seeking a Senior Cloud Operations Administrator that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding cloud-based high performance computing (HPC) environment. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, motivated and able to work in a complex cloud environment, have strong programming skills, and previous experience administering MPI-based HPC applications.
This role can be fully remote or be a hybrid schedule in one of our many offices throughout the US.
You enjoy a challenge?
Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world. Let’s open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
What will your role be?
The Sr. Cloud Operations Engineer will be responsible for developing, administering, and maintaining a cloud-based platform with complex simulation job scheduling and a high performance file system requirements. The candidate will work closely with an international team of QA and development engineers to provide HPC and cloud architecture expertise.
The challenges ahead
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, motivated, and able to work in a complex, mixed Linux and Windows HPC environment. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Automating, administering, configuring, monitoring and maintaining SIMULIA’s R&D HPC environment
- Performing a help desk function to R&D employees on a rotational basis
- Installing, configuring, and integrating Dassault Systemes products with the R&D HPC environment
- Providing IT expertise, guidance, and testing to SIMULIA developers in support of the product development process
Your Key Success Factors?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Linux system administration skills are required
- Bash and Python programming skills are required. Java programming is a plus.
- Linux container development and Kubernetes administration experience are highly desirable
- Experience supporting and configuring file systems like Lustre, GPFS or CephFS is highly desirable
- Familiarity with industry standard workload managers (SLURM, LSF, PBS) is a plus
- Familiarity with source control systems like git is a plus
- No travel requirement is anticipated. Remote work is possible
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.