As a User Assistance Intern, you will have an opportunity to learn about SIMULIA simulation applications from a user’s perspective. You will gain hands-on experience by applying your technical and communication skills to build content for our next generation of user assistance (examples, in-app help, user guides, and videos).
This is a paid, full-time internship, 40 hours per week May – August 2023. The opportunity is based in the Dassault Systèmes Simulia Corp office located at 1301 Atwood Avenue, Suite 101W, Johnston, RI 02919.
Working with software developers, senior user assistance developers, and industry experts, you will author and edit technical content, create examples and videos, and implement improvements based on user requests. You will work in a highly technical, collaborative, fast-paced environment, and the work you do will help the SIMULIA Research and Development teams deliver an engaging user experience to delight the users of our engineering simulation software.
Your Challenges Ahead
- Help develop and document realistic engineering examples and tutorials
- Create or edit online help topics in XML format using industry-standard tools
- Produce and edit videos using Camtasia software
- Navigate through SIMULIA applications to author, connect, and test the integration of user assistance within the user interface
- Interview subject matter experts as necessary
- Design and implement information architecture
- Use SIMULIA products regularly and provide usability feedback
- Contribute to various short-term user assistance projects
Your key success factors
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or PhD program in engineering or the sciences for the duration of the internship
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- Mechanical engineering experience is a plus
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written
- An interest in combining engineering, teaching, and helping others
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Capacity to take direction and guidance from others in a positive manner
- Must work onsite in the Johnston, RI office throughout the internship
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.