Imagine New Horizons
Be at the forefront of innovation! Serving customers of all sizes, in all industries from high-tech and life sciences to construction and transportation, we help businesses and people around the world create products and services in a novel, sustainable way.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What your role will be?
This is a 6-month internship/Co-Op. Your mission will be to deliver services projects to our customers, which drive value from our broad range of software applications. As such, you will be working with customers to identify their needs, defining functional requirements and delivering a solution, which meets those functional requirements within a defined timescale. You will be collaborating with experienced members of the SIMULA HUB and other departments within the 3DS ecosystem, including technical sales, support and Research and Development. As a result, you will become a trusted technical advisor to the customer. This internship could be located at our Providence, Dearborn, Auburn Hills locations.
The Challenges ahead
- Assist in modelling real-world fluid problems within the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- Develop workflow improvements in order to increase team efficiency
- Generate advanced visualization of client results
Core Competencies to be developed during this internship:
- Extensive experience with commercial CFD pre & post-processing software
- Communication skills. Specifically pertaining to working on a team and supporting customers
- Time management skills and prioritization
Your Key Success Factors
- Actively enrolled in BS/MS (preferred) program in ME, CFD, Aerodynamics, Physics or equivalent for the duration of the internship
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- U.S. Citizenship or Green Card required
- Course/lab experience using CAE Tools
- Strong interest and solid knowledge of fluid dynamic fundamentals
- Basic UNIX Skills, Script programming and experience with complex graphics tools
- Strong desire for continuous learning
- Strong English written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work onsite 3 days a week at our Waltham, MA, Providence, RI, Dearborn, MI, Auburn Hills, MA locations OR fully remote for Masters Students
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.