Imagine New Horizons….
Are you interested and passionate about making an impact on life sciences sector? Do you have dreams to use AI and Machine Learning techniques and making a difference in the area of small molecules Drug Design? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.
This is a paid, six-month internship with a flexible start date. The position will be based in the Dassault Systemes BIOVIA in San Diego, CA
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What your role will be?
This internship focused on applications of AI/ML and Deep Learning (DL) algorithms in combination with Computer Aided Drug Design to speed up our process to identify better Drug Candidates. The goal is to compare several DL methods and implement workflows for faster and better drug candidate identification. You will deliver a peer-reviewed publication based on the outcome of the research at the conclusion of your internship.
Your Key Success Factors
- PhD with a track record of productivity in the areas of a field related to AI/ML or Data Analytics such as: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Statistical-Physics, Computational Biology-Chemistry or Engineering Sciences
- Experience of applying ML/Deep Learning (DL) approaches to solve Molecule or Biological-Macromolecule related problems
- Strong familiarity with advanced statistics, ML/DL techniques including various network architectures (CNNs, GANs, RNNs, Auto-Encoders, Transformers, PLM etc.), regularization, embeddings, loss-functions, Graph theory, Statistical Learning (active learning, optimization strategies, reinforcement learning) technique. Associated expertise in Cheminformatics and Molecular Data-Science
- Proficiency in Python and deep learning libraries (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras), RDKit in a Linux/Unix high-performance computing environments on Datacenter or Cloud (e.g., AWS, GCP)
- Familiarity with data visualization and dimensionality reduction algorithms
- Ability to develop, benchmark and apply predictive algorithms to generate hypotheses
- Ability to shift directions quickly when priorities change
- Remote work may be considered for the right candidate
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.