Engineer / Designer
Tools for designers, product engineers, manufacturing professionals and other innovators collaborating on product development. If you are responsible for rapid authoring, analysis and validation of products and processes, then click here to find how ENOVIA can help.
ENOVIA Format Converter for ACIS
ENOVIA® Format Converter for ACIS
ENOVIA® Format Converter for ACIS enables V6 designers to collaborate with ACIS® modeler data.
File system includes engineering semantic for part & product definition described in ACIS files format.
The V6 VPM command “PLM access import from file” enables to select as ACIS root Assembly file to be imported to ENOVIA and transformed into V6 representation. ENOVIA will query the converter in order, from the Root file to compute the links and import to ENOVIA all related files.
Receiving these ACIS files, ENOVIA will synchronously or asynchronously launch the format converter for ACIS in order to compute a V6 representation of these ACIS files.
The Conversion from ACIS to V6 representation will be “as new”: V6 representation will be stored in ENOVIA as the new master data of the part and product. No link kept with the original ACIS file, no life cycle capabilities.
The ENOVIA Format Converter for ACIS will:
- Explore the document links from a root ACIS file.
- Convert the ACIS Product Structure Information (Instance, references, position) into V6
- Convert the ACIS Exact Geometry representations into V6 Exact Geometry representation.
- Under option, convert the ACIS Exact Geometry representations into V6 tessellated geometry representation.
Input: ACIS files (File extension . asat, asab, .sat)
- Per Part: One ACIS file describing an assembly with external reference to ACIS part files
- Fully shattered ACIS files: one ACIS file per assembly component and one ACIS file per part.
The contents are imported as new references in ENOVIA V6.
- Enables V6 users to collaborate on ACIS® Modeler Format. They can import the ACIS file contents in V6.
- Enables customers to migrate from ACIS Modeler based applications to V6.