Naming convention and Release cycle synchronization
All versions of Portfolio Products will now follow the year-based naming convention to be consistent with each other and consistent with the other SIMULIA product releases that will be occurring at that time.
- Abaqus 6.14 -> Abaqus 2016
- Isight 5.9 -> Isight 2016
- fe-safe 6.5 -> fe-safe 2016
- Tosca Structure 8.1 -> Tosca Structure 2016
What’s New for Tosca Structure 2016 and Tosca Fluid 2016
- New DS Installer for Tosca
- Tosca Documentation now available on DS media
Tosca Structure 2016
- Tosca Structure.sizing now supports NVH-responses
- Enables users to address common use scenarios in the automotive industry.
- Tosca Structure.sizing now support circular beams
- Enables 3D printing of optimized lattice structures.
- New algorithm for casting manufacturing constraint for Tosca Structure Topology
- Enables users to achieve castable designs where the old algorithm failed.
- New Sensitivity-based algorithms for Tosca Structure Shape
- Enables users to solve shape optimization problems which do not use only stress-oriented objective functions
- Other design responses like displacement can also be considered as objective functions or constraints
- Stress constraint now supports temperature boundary conditions for Tosca Structure Topology
- New inverse output of STL-surface for improved data exchange between results and CAD design environments
Tosca Fluid 2016
- Improved interfaces for Star CCM+ and Ansys Fluent tools
- New port for Windows operating systems
- Enables users to run Tosca Fluid natively on Windows
- Improved optimality criteria
- New additional monitors for presenting objective functions of backflows
- Enables users to track progress of optimizations involving backflows