FMI Support in Dymola
FMI 2.0 support
FMI 2.0 (released on July 25, 2014) has been supported in Dymola since the Dymola 2015 FD01 release on both Windows and Linux. Please consult the Dymola Release Notes and User's Manual for details on support of optional FMI features.
FMI tools for Simulink - FMI Kit
Dassault Systèmes provides tools with full support for FMU export and import with Simulink. Details related to the latest version of the FMI Kit for Simulink are listed below.
The toolkit can be used for free without any license key. Support and maintenance is offered to Dymola customers through the regular support channel at www.3ds.com/support.
Note that there may be updates between the official Dymola releases. Please contact your Dymola support channel/sales representative for access to download.
FMI Kit for Simulink - Version 2.2.0
FMI Kit for Simulink version 2.2.0 has been released on April 20, 2016. This toolkit merges the export and import features into a single package.
Version 2.2.0 is included in the Dymola 2017 release distribution.
General features and comptability information:
- Full FMI support for both export and import
- FMI versions 1.0 and 2.0 - Model Exchange and Co-Simulation
- MATLAB/Simulink R2010a - R2015b (32- and 64-bit)
- Visual Studio 2008 and later C compilers
Selected features of the export tool:
- Simulink Coder Target for export of FMUs from Simulink
- Support for global tunable parameters (version 2.2.0)
- Full support for parameter references to workspace or mask variables in R2015b (version 2.2.0)
- Support for variable communication step size in Co-Simulation export
- Support for binary and source code (C/C++) MEX S-functions
- Black-box FMU generation
- Structured variable names with block hierarchy
Selected features of the import tool:
- Simulink block for importing and embedding FMUs into Simulink models
- New and improved GUI for the FMU block (version 2.2.0)
- Configurable vector input/output ports (version 2.2.0)
- Improved zero-crossing detection and improved event handling for FMUs with discrete-time dynamics (version 2.2.0)
- Import of Dymola source code FMUs (Dymola 2016 or later)
- Support for simulation targets: Rapid Accelerator, RSIM, GRT, and dSPACE DS1005 and DS1006
FMI 1.0 support
Dymola have supported the FMI 1.0 specifications for Model Exchange and Co-Simulation since they were released in 2010. Dymola passes the FMI 1.0 CrossCheck for both Model Exchange (export and import) and Co-Simulation (slave and master).
Dymola 2015 export for dSPACE Release 2014-A using FMI 2.0 RC1
The FMI 2.0 RC1 source code export in Dymola 2015 contains a bug that prevents integration with dSPACE
Release 2014-A. A fix-pack that addresses this bug is available on request.
Please contact your support channel/sales representative for access to download.
Related Knowledge base article, QA00000031053.