FMI Support in Dymola
FMU Export from Simulink
A new version of the Dassault Systèmes FMU Export from Simulink was released March 31, 2015.
The new package supports:
- FMI versions 1.0 and 2.0
- Model Exchange and Co-Simulation
- Co-Simulation export with Simulink fixed-step solvers
- MATLAB/Simulink R2010a – R2014b (32- and 64-bit)
- Visual Studio 2008 and later C compilers
- General enhancements and reduced limitations, including support for all data types supported by Simulink (including signed/unsigned integers and boolean)
Please contact your support channel/sales representative for access to download. Support and maintenance is offered to our Dymola users through the regular support channel.
FMI 2.0 support
FMI 2.0 was released on July 25, 2014 and is now fully supported with Dymola 2015 FD01 on both Windows and Linux. FMI 2.0 RC1 is no longer supported. Please consult the Dymola 2015 FD01 Release Notes and User’s Manual for details on support of optional FMI features.
Dassault Systèmes Announces Extended FMI Support
To promote the deployment of FMI in general and FMI 2.0 and beyond in particular, Dassault Systèmes will make new functionality available to all Dymola users during Q1 2015 on top of Dymola 2015 FD01 and in the R2016 release of 3DEXPERIENCE:
- New import of Functional Mockup Units (FMUs) to Simulink
- New FMU export from Simulink supporting FMI 2.0 Model Exchange and Co-Simulation, and enhancement of FMI 1.0 export
- Improved user interfaces for FMU export and import
Dassault Systèmes is also currently developing the capability to export and import FMUs with icons, acausal connectors, as well as reliable co-simulation leveraging the best of FMI 2.0.
FMI 1.0 support
Dymola have supported the FMI 1.0 specifications for Model Exchange and Co-Simulation since they were released in 2010. Dymola passes the FMI 1.0 CrossCheck for both Model Exchange (export and import) and Co-Simulation (slave and master).
Dymola 2015 export for dSPACE Release 2014-A using FMI 2.0 RC1
The FMI 2.0 RC1 source code export in Dymola 2015 contains a bug that prevents integration with dSPACE
Release 2014-A. A fix-pack that addresses this bug is available on request.
Please contact your support channel/sales representative for access to download.
Related Knowledge base article, QA00000031053.