Q. How do I submit a request?
A. Access Support Request Management Tool: DSx.Client Care
This Tool enables you to Submit Requests, Exchange with Technical Experts, Customize your Dashboard, Manage Contacts, and Download Media, Service Packs and Fixes for your Dassault Systèmes Solutions.
You first need to get a 3DS Passport (Dassault Systèmes Customer Account).
Contact your company’s Security Administrator to get a 3DS Passport. If you are not able to identify him or if he has not yet been designated, contact your Customer Support Center.
The 3DS Passport gives you access to online private content on 3ds.com/support: Knowledge Base, Documentation, Software Download.
In you need more information about how to create a Service Request, please watch our Support Tool Tutorials.
Q. What kind of document/data can I upload in a Service Request ?
A . When submitting a Service Request, please ensure that among the information sent to Dassault Systèmes there is no information that You consider as confidential or which requires an export license.
You shall not disclose or exchange any data or information, the export of which is controlled, regulated or subject to any permit or license under any applicable law or regulation, with the exception of data classified EAR99 or with equivalent export restrictions.
Note that it may be necessary for you to clean the information or data of confidential or export-restricted data in order to comply with this condition.
If you need to share specific data (confidential, export restricted, etc.), please contact the Customer Success to make sure the contractual framework allows such disclosure.
For additional information on Export Controls you can go to the Wassenaar web page
Q. How am I entitled to contact Support?
A. Take advantage of Dassault Systèmes Support and get Technical Assistance according to your specific needs and offer.
Based on your Dassault Systèmes Support Offer, you will have the possibility to contact your Customer Support Center by different ways.
- Secure Offer: Email, Users communities and Social Media.
- Advantage Offer: Phone, Email, Users Communities and Social Media.
Contact your Customer Support Center and ask any questions regarding your 3DS Support Portal or your Support Process and Tools.
We will make our best efforts to reply as soon as possible/in timely manner.
Join our Users Communities to connect with your peers and Dassault Systèmes’ experts.
Our Communities are private, so you need to have a 3DS Passport to access them.
3DS Support Twitter Account
Follow us on Twitter @3DSsupport. We are here to answer your questions!
If you have any Technical question related to Dassault Systèmes products, please contact your dedicated Partner or call your Dassault Systèmes Local Customer Support Center from Monday 9AM to Friday 5PM (all time zones included).
Q. How to get Support by myself?
A. Here are the links to all the self-help sections of the sites:
- Support Search: Use our Support Search on our Homepage! Enter your keywords and navigate through our different sections (Documentation, Knowledge Base, Software Download)
- New Customer: Access Dassault Systèmes New Customer section. It provides the essential information to help you plan, deploy and maintain your 3DS solutions.
- Documentation: Find here Dassault Systèmes online User's Guides which cover all V6 & 3DEXPERIENCE Platform Applications.
- Knowledge Base: Use our Knowledge Base to search through all kind of Knowledge sources: Bug Reports, User’s Guides, Developer’s Guides, Questions & Answers, Service Requests, and Best Practises.
- Communities: Join our Users Communities to connect with your peers and Dassault Systèmes’ experts.Find answers to your questions, share projects and ideas.
Q. How to Access to 3ds.com/support private pages?
A. You need to have a Dassault Systèmes Customer Account.
Thanks to your 3DS Passport credentials, you can connect to your Dassault Systèmes Customer Account, which gives you access to online private content on 3ds.com/support: Knowledge Base, Documentation, Software Download, etc. It is delivered by your company’s Security Administrator (or Support Administrator).
Contact your company’s Security Administrator (or Support Administrator) and get your 3DS Passport credentials to login to your Dassault Systèmes Customer Account.
If you are not able to identify him or if he has not yet been designated, contact your Customer Support Center.
Q. What should I do when losing the 3DS Passport for Support password?
A. Here's the step by step procedure:
- Go to on Forgot your Password page.
- Fill in your login name or your email address and click ‘Submit'.
- You will receive an email that will allow you to reset your password. Click on 'click here to reset' in the mail you received.
- Set your new password or generate automatically a new one by clicking 'generate for me'.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. You can now use the new password you set to log in.
Q. How to change your password used to access Support private pages
A. There are two ways to change the password:
1. Once identified
- Click on "change my Password" link in ToolBox section
- Here you can update your password. You will receive a confirmation email
2. Without being identified
- Go directly to the Forgot Your Password page
- Fill in your login name or your email address and click ‘Submit'
- You will receive an email that will allow you to reset your password. Click on the link "reset-password" in the email you received
- Set your new password and click on "Update"
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address
You can now use the new password you set to log in.
Q. How can I identify the Customer Support Center I should work with?
A. Contact your Customer Support Center.
Please note that the following information will be required to get support: Prefix, First Name, Last Name, email and Customer site ID Number (available in the "License Key Delivery Notice" or in the "Key Availability Notice").
Q. Why I do not manage to see all the News and Alerts?
A. Some news are private. You need then to log in with your 3DS Passport in order to be able to see them all.
Indeed, some news are only accessible to a type of customer and/or a service. It depends then on:
- the type of customer you are (DS Direct Licensee or PARTNER)
- the Customer Support Offers you are entitled to (Secure, Advantage, Enterprise, Developer Support or Success Partner).
This is why, depending on your profile and the Customer Support Offer you subscribed, some news are not accessible.
For more information concerning Dassault Systemes Customer Support Services, please have a look at our Support Offers.
Q. What are the recommended browsers for Customer Support Portal?
A. All most commons Web browsers (IE, Mozilla Firefox...) are supposed to work with 3ds.com. If you encounter some troubles with a specific browser, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Center.
Q. Discover COE Community
A. Dassault Systemes recommends COE which is the community dedicated to the exchange of information about CATIA and other Dassault Systèmes software products.
COE has helped users leverage their Dassault Systèmes’ solutions to stay ahead of the competition through information exchange, robust Web products, user conferences, product enhancement committees, professional networking opportunities, and much more.
COE is comprised of more than 50,000 users in more than 400 member companies representing the aerospace and defense, automotive and transportation, consumer goods, shipbuilding, industrial machinery, electrical and electronics, fabrication and assembly, and plant design/AEC.
For more information on COE, please visit the website.
Bug Report (BR)
A BR is a summary of a known issue in a released version of Dassault Systèmes products. A BR provides an explanation of the issue, as well as possible workarounds.
CRITical SITuation (CRITSIT)
CRITSIT stands for CRItical SITuation. The CRITSIT process is an escalation process, part of the official Support processes for Defect Service Requests. It is used to escalate a Service Request to the attention of the Dassault Systèmes management, in order to accelerate the delivery of a resolution. The Licensee must be in the pre-production, production or deployment phase (production perspective) and the defect must have a significant impact on the Licensee’s activity, requiring a faster resolution.
Customer Support Centers
Customer Support Centers are local (Geo) centers responsible for the support of Dassault Systèmes products. Depending on the Support offer you have purchased you can contact them by mail and/or by phone. Customer Support Centers ensure the Front End Support.
Defect (or "Error")
A defect is a discrepancy between the intended and actual behavior of a licensed product, where the intended behavior is the one described in the product’s documentation. An issue is considered a defect when reported in accordance with the applicable support policy and reproducible by Dassault Systèmes.
Fix Pack (FP) (applies to 3DEXPERIENCE and V6) :
Set of fixed Maintenance Components aimed at being applied together when applicable to products and solutions deployed on customer installation.
HotFix (HF) :
- 3DEXPERIENCE and V6 : within a Fix Pack, a HotFixis an incremental and cumulative update on a Maintenance Component containing incident report corrections and/or quality service request answers. For server side products, Maintenance Component generally cover 1 product/role; on the other hand, Rich client applications are addressed through the same Maintenance Component.
- V5 : A HotFix is a compilation of bug fixes delivered for accepted CRITSITs. A CRITSIT is a pre-requisite to deliver a bug correction in a HotFix.
Knowledge Base (KB)
The Dassault Systèmes Knowledge Base is a repository for all Dassault Systèmes published Knowledge Articles such as Service Requests (SR), Bug Reports (BR) and Q&A.
A non-defect is an issue that does not qualify as a Defect, and that was encountered while using product licensed by Dassault Systèmes. This does not include: training on licensed products, support regarding any customized versions of licensed products, development of new licensed products or methodologies, information about future licensed product releases, enhancement requests and the development of in-depth methodologies (i.e. detailed API consulting). Support for the development of customization and/or new applications using the Dassault Systèmes CAA platform tools can be arranged under a separate agreement.
Question and Answer (Q&A)
A Q&A is a technical article dealing with troubleshooting or describing how to best use Dassault Systèmes products.
Research and Development (R&D)
The Dassault Systèmes Research and Development covers all brands in charge of developing new Dassault Systèmes Licensed Products and providing Maintenance Delivery (Defect correction).
Service Request (SR)
An SR is an inquiry that is submitted to Dassault Systèmes for assistance. It is submitted through the DSx.Client Care & Order platform; it can be a defect or a non-defect (product-related question).
A submitter is a person who opens a Service Request (SR) in DSx.Client Care & Order. A submitter is either a customer or a front-end support engineer acting on the behalf of a customer.
The Dassault Systèmes Support Team, composed of technical experts, spans several groups within the Dassault Systèmes group. The Dassault Systèmes Support Team is responsible, among other things, for receiving, filtering, and handling all the Service Requests related to Dassault Systèmes licensed products.