Install the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher
A Native Apps installation tool is required with 3DEXPERIENCE Platform: The 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher.
A pop up window to download 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher installer will appear after clicking your rich app from the IFWE Compass if the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher (if not already installed on your computer).
After download, run the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher msi installer.
At the end of the installation the service will start and an icon will appear in the system tray.
Refresh your browser page before starting the Native Apps Installation process (press F5 on your keyboard).
Network Configuration Check
To run correctly, the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher needs to be able to talk to other 3DEXPERIENCE Platform services locally on the machine. A wrong network proxy server setup can interfere if inaccurately configured.
Please make sure or ensure with your IT network administrator that, if you have a proxy, it is accurately setup to authorize local communications (See FAQ section for more information).
Rich Apps Installation
After the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher installation completion*, the Native Apps installation process will start while clicking on the Native App you want to install.
If you have issues, please contact the Online User Excellence Center.
- Select option of Installing All Granted Roles OR All Roles containing the App
- Installation launch starts and launches the Installer
- Installation finishes
- Launch the App from the Compass by clicking the Icon. The App Launches.
*If you already have previous versions of Native apps installed on your machine, you may need to save some space on your computer to secure the next installation steps. To do so, we recommend you to uninstall the rich client application code from your computer.
How can I install 3DDrive?
1. Login to 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
2. In Top right of the Global tool bar find 3DDrive icon
3. Click on the Gear icon Install option is prompted
4. Click on it to install
5. Allow the installer to launch
6. Install 3DDrive
7. At the end of installation it prompts to define the folder for physical location of the Drive on your machine. Accept default location or specify other location
8. The installation is complete and 3DDrive is ready for use
The 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher was not installed
Check if you see this icon in the Windows system tray (see image)
Missing icon indicates the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher was not installed. Check that you have run the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher msi installer after having downloaded it.
The 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher installation failed
If the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher installation process failed, open a Service Request to Dassault Systèmes Support with msi traces attached.
To capture msi traces, please refer to QA00000035710.
MSI file installation failure:
MSI file type is used to install the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher. This file may encounter installation failure and file corruption. Trace of the MSI installation needs to be generated for analysis.
Inside a command window (cmd), type the following sentence:
msiexec /i "the_directory_where_you_have_downloaded_the_msi>\3DExperienceLauncher.msi" /L*v c:\temp\installlog.txt
Change the highlighted sentence to your own directory.
Collect the traces generated inside c:\temp\installlog.txt
Firewall or anti-virus software may block the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher
Right click 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher icon in the Windows system tray and click “About”. You will see the port number being used.
Check that your firewall/antivirus doesn't block the port number.
The proxy may be blocking the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher
3DEXPERIENCE Launcher is installed and running. When user selects an app, there is a popup window to install the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher. When user clicks to continue, after a few seconds, the same popup appears.
The issue might be on customer’s proxy configuration. The customer’s proxy configuration does redirect all requests to the proxy even if it’s bound to loopback addresses (127.0.0.1 / ::1 ). There is a workaround by adding an exception “dslauncher.3ds.com” on browser setting. A permanent fix consists to configure the user's proxy server correctly.
On Google chrome
1. Go in Chrome Settings, in the System paragraph click on Open proxy settings
2. In Connections tab click on LAN settings button
3. In the Local Area Network Settings, Check Use a proxy server for your LAN and Bypass proxy server for local addresses. Then click on Advanced button
4. In the Proxy Settings windows, add in the Exceptions field the address “dslauncher.3ds.com”. Use semicolon (;) to separate entries
In Internet Explorer
1. Go in Internet Explorer options: Tools>Internet Options. In Connections tab, Local Area Network(LAN)Settings, click on LAN settings button.
2. As Chrome open Internet Explorer settings, next step is similar to step 3-4 from Chrome proxy configuration above.
In Mozilla Firefox
1. Go on Firefox Options in Tools>Options>Advanced and then choose the Network tab>Connection >Settings button
2. In Connection Settings windows choose Use system proxy settings
Note: It is recommended to set Chrome or Internet Explorer configuration before setting Mozilla Firefox.
Click on OK to validate settings modifications for each browser.
The port number changed
During the installation, the 3 defaults port numbers were in use and the installer has been forced to choose a random one.
If the port number used by the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher is not among: 20300, 33200, 40600 then enter the port number in the Troubleshoot panel.