SIMULIA to present five papers on realistic simulation at international analysis and simulation conference
Paris, France, and Providence, R.I., USA, April 13, 2007 — Dassault Systèmes (DS) (NASDAQ: DASTY; Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, announces that its SIMULIA brand for realistic simulation is the principal sponsor of the 11th NAFEMS World Congress on simulation technology, to be held May 22-25, 2007, in Vancouver, Canada. This year’s Congress features workshops, training classes, roundtables and more than 130 presentations on analysis and simulation technologies.
SIMULIA is sponsoring the congress to showcase its leadership in advancing realistic simulation methods and technology. SIMULIA has authored or co-authored five papers that will be presented during the international conference and will also present in three associated workshops.
Papers to be presented at the NAFEMS Congress include:
• The System Level Integrity Study of the Jaguar S-Type Rear Suspension Using an Integrated FEA and MBS Technique, co-authored with Jaguar/Land Rover LTD
• Accurate and Efficient Modeling of Point and Surface Engineering Connections
• Building Blast Simulation, co-authored with University of Florida
• Coupling FEA to CFD to Investigate the Effects of Pulsatile Blood Flow on the Dilatation of Artery Walls, co-authored with W.L. Gore & Associates
• New Capabilities for Composite Fracture Analysis, authored in cooperation with ATA Engineering Inc
The three workshops in which SIMULIA will participate will cover areas of multiphysics solutions, open multidisciplinary interfaces, and flexible-body mechanism simulation. The SIMULIA team will also demonstrate their solutions at in the conference exhibition hall.
More information about the NAFEMS World Congress is available at http://www.nafems.org/congress.