The efficient administration of product data and so the support of engineering processes has become a critical success factor for manufacturing companies today. This also includes the exchange of data between PDM/ PLM and CAD systems.
The Aras Innovator integration for CATIA V5 offers Aras users an effective and intuitive integration. Data and structures of both Aras Innovator and CATIA V5 are linked to each other - providing the ability for bi-directional exchange of documents, CAD files, BOMs, parts (material masters), classification, item status and more. Robust customization capabilities are provided yielding lower support and maintenance costs.
- Document & File Management
- Management of Complex CAD Structures
- Items & BOM, based on CAD design
- Workflow and Release Management
- Check-in and Check-out from CAD
- Take and Release Ownership
- Management of Multiple Revisions
- Save Preview Before Final Saving
- Search and Load from PDM
- Bidirectional Exchange of Properties
- Update PLM-attributes from CAD
- File Conversion (e.g. Viewables)
Metadata and classification properties can be exchanged and updated bidirectional. This enables the fill out of title blocks within drawings. This process can be performed automatically in the background (batch server), triggered by any process or workflow event (e.g. status transition).
- Dialogs and features can be enhanced and configured specifically for users
- The XPLM Integration Platform can access multiple PLM and ERP sites in parallel
- Batch processor enables file conversions and configurable bulk transfer operations (e.g. import, export, migration of data)
- Script-Based Process Definition Language
- COM Automation Support (VBA Script, Java Script, C#)
- XML definition enables creation and configuration of new integration objects (e.g. any Aras API component