The efficient administration of product data and so the support of engineering processes has become a critical success factor for manufacturing companies today. This also includes the exchange of data between PDM/ PLM and CAD systems.
The CATIA V5 Integration for Oracle Agile EDM (e6) offers CATIA users an effective and intuitive integration. Data and structures of both Oracle Agile EDM (e6) and CATIA V5 are linked to each other - providing the ability for bi-directional exchange of documents, CAD files, BOMs, parts (material masters), classification, item status and more. Robust customization capabilities are provided yielding lower support and maintenance costs.
The CATIA V5 integration for Oracle Agile EDM provides:
- control over CAD data with full support for release processing and revisioning
- simple PLM access for functions such as loading or saving of CAD data
- high security through the use of robust PLM role and privileges functionality
- automated bi-directional transfer of properties between CAD and PLM functions
Metadata and classification properties can be exchanged and updated bidirectional. This enables the fill out of title blocks within drawings. This process can be performed automatically in the background (batch server), triggered by any process or workflow event (e.g. status transition).
XPLM is an Oracle Certified Solution and Service Partner. The two companies have founded J2CI the Joint competency center for CAD Integration.
- Fast workspace loading through local file access
- Web-Based Collaboration between OEM and Suppliers
- Dialogs can be enhanced and configured specifically for users
- XPLM Integration Platform can access multiple PLM and ERP sites in parallel
- XPLM integrations share the same look and feel for all CAD system integrations
- Batch processor enables file conversions, bulk transfer and migration operations
- Script-based Process Definition Layer