Software to Program and Simulate Wire EDM
CENIT FAST4AXES allows NC users to benefit from advanced and easy-to-use Wire EDM manufacturing techniques. It provides a full set of pre-defined and re-usable machining strategies for 2 up to 4 axis Wire EDM machining. The software offers the user all the core functionalities of a NC system shared within CATIA V5 NC Manufacturing solutions: integrated tool path simulation , set-up and NC programs definition. It also provides integrated and dedicated post-processing facilities and also many Wire EDM strategies , such as: powerful contouring machining including drive curve interpolation into tangential arcs and lines, destruction cut operation (pocketing). Variable technological events can be set. 4-Axis machining includes synchronization of points as milestones and precise offset computation facilities. A very easy-to-use interface allows the user to benefit from Wire EDM techniques in a perfect interoperable way with all CATIA V5 NC Manufacturing solutions.
FAST4AXES - Functional Advantages
- Programming of 3D contours. Upper and lower contours with milestones and direct programming of ruled surfaces and solids.
- Support of geometrical features.
- Integration of machine tool specific technologies is optimal by powerful standard post-processors
- Available for Agie, Charmilles, Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Sodik...
- Adaptable on-site by PP generator software FASTPOST
- Machining Operations: contouring/pocketing/point strategies...
- VisualBasic support to create flexible machining strategies
- Direct simulation of each operation
- Combines dedicated functions and ease-of-use of stand-alone programming tools with the benefits of an integrated CAM software with respect to an optimum geometry support and associativity to design changes.
- Identical user interface and infrastructure to V5 NC products like PMG, Programming of all CATIA elements (sketches, solids, upper/lower contour.)
- Integration of machine tool specific technologies is optimal by powerful standard post-processors.
- Automation by programming of knowledge-based scripts
- Low prerequisites to allow a CATIA based stand-alone system for wire cutting