Cabling Designer is a logical harness circuit design system that simplifies the transfer of information between the physical and logical world. It accomplishes this using electro-physical objects. Some examples are Wire, Unit Connector, Harness Connector, J/C, J/B, Joint, Splice, Shield, Twist, Bundle. Using these electro-physical objects in an environment allows easy implementation of:
- Wire Harness Variant Design,
- Hierarchical capabilities allowing entire-system-connections for the wire connections and into the actual units that the wires are connected to, and
- Fully Customizable Design Rule Check (DRC) capabilities
All this combined makes Cabling Designer unique in giving you the capability to deliver a producible design that is cost effective in a minimum amount of time.
Cabling Designer Interface Module CAA V5 Based is the "Phase-1" of Cabling Designer Integration with CATIA V5. It gives you the full Cabling Designer environment
- Linking all connections and objects between Cabling Designer and CATIA V5 EWR.
- Allowing Forward and Backward annotation between Cabling Designer and CATIA V5 EWR via an XML neutral file.
- Providing integration of CATIA V5 to other utilities around Cabling Designer, such as Topology Designer, Harness Designer, Simulation & Verification Module, Variant Module.
- System level approach (Logical Connection in Entire System, Finding & Verifying Signal Path in System Level, Hierarchical Data Structure)
- Integration between electrical system design and mechanical design process, and Integration of Electrical Analysis and Verification with CATIA V5
- Exchange configuration criteria between Cabling Designer and CATIA V5
Intuitive & Ease of use
Built on proven & well accepted core technology