With requirements as varied as passenger protection, structural integrity and noise remediation, today's automotive interiors require a level of sophistication far greater than those in the past. Engineering materials such as foams, vinyl and other polymeric materials also demand complex assumptions and simulation techniques.
SIMULIA provides realistic simulation solutions—such as our Abaqus Unified FEA product suite, Multiphysics, simulation automation and optimization capabilities and SLM products—that address a multitude of engineering challenges. The comprehensive tool set in the Abaqus FEA Unified product suite is used across a wide variety of interior analyses to model seats, doors, instrument panels, interior acoustics and even the passengers themselves. Sophisticated material models and advanced features such as integrated structural acoustics allow organizations to advance beyond yesterday's standard approaches to reinvent a more modern vehicle interior.
- Foam and rubber models for seats, headliners, instrument panel covers and other interior components
- Metal plasticity and failure for modeling manufacturing effects and representing severe load conditions such as seat safety standards
- Coupled structural-acoustics capabilities for understanding structural noise paths
- Nonlinear statics, transient dynamics and quasi-statics in one toolset
- Advanced FMVSS and WorldSID dummy models for critical occupant safety analyses
- Simulation process automation
- Design optimization