Cell Phones & Hand-Held Devices
Manufacturers of cell phones and hand-held devices need to build and analyze their simulation models quickly and efficiently. Design changes can be a daily occurrence at the beginning of a new device program; therefore, it is essential for users to be able to incorporate required changes into their realistic simulation model and then produce accurate results. Analysts and designers must work together to bring high-quality new products to market in as short a time as possible.
The Abaqus Unified FEA product suite from SIMULIA allows manufacturers of cell phones and hand-held devices to perform detailed analyses throughout the product design cycle. Typical design requirements call for minimal failures under a variety of abusive conditions, while device size and weight are reduced and display size is increased.
SIMULIA’s Simulation Lifecycle Management strategy also makes it possible for you to manage your simulation data processes and applications to significantly improve the development process. Our solution lets users include assembly loads and residual stresses into high fidelity drop models. Advanced constraints and material models in Abaqus capture progressive failure of solder joints and other sensitive components such as the LCD during the drop event. Multiphysics simulations that validate coupled acoustic-structural and/or thermal-mechanical performance can also be performed.
- Unified modeling and simulation environment based on Abaqus/CAE
- Tools available to simply and efficiently build complex electronics assemblies from Electrical-CAD data
- Associative import from various CAD packages allow geometry design changes to be efficiently transferred to the analysis model
- Special-purpose constraints allow very detailed/complex response of joints and connections to be modeled using simplified representations
- Compatibility of Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit for transfer of assembly/preloads into the drop model
- Solver performance allowing simulations to be run within the design environment where design changes are a daily event
- Process automation available to capture expert-generated workflows for deployment to non-FEA-expert users