Product Key Customer Benefits
|Delivers a dedicated body in white design product based on highly productive, skilled features: ABT closes a major productivity gap in the body in white community through the use of unique skilled features. This productivity comes from the fact that body in white engineers will find in ABT unique features that they will use many times per day. Some examples:
Strengthens the CATIA PLM end-to-end design for manufacturing body in white process coverage: When used in conjunction with CATIA - Automotive Body in White Fastening 3 (ABF), ABT allows users to quickly design specific automotive structural parts while taking their manufacturability into account. For instance the mating flange feature in ABT can be used to create a fixation zone where welding points will be positioned using ABF. In addition, the body in white community works in close cooperation with stylists, especially at the early stage of the product creation process. The associativity of ABT with the CATIA freestyle products thus delivers an appreciated added value when a styling change is bring during the conception phase. This is the CATIA V5 Shape Design & Styling Tolerant Modelling exclusive concept.
- 3D Geometrical Grid: Powerful design and review tool allowing to position the design activity inside the vehicle coordinates
- Diabolo seat - Create support seats for certain functional parts.
- Junction - Join several surface sections (whether isotopological or non-isotopological) with tangency management. The ability to join surfaces in this way is a major productivity innovation.
- Mating flange - Add a shape to a thin part. Typically, this shape is used as a contact zone with another part within an assembly. The added shape can be used to create welding points for assembling the two parts.
- Hole - Create a hole shape in a very productive and user-friendly way. The hole feature is used to remove material from a body. Additionally, semantic recognition of holes means they can be used for tolerancing purposes with Functional Tolerancing & Annotation 2 (FTA)
- Bead - Define quickly beads shape to stiffen a part.
Embeds process knowledge inside each features: CATIA V5 knowledgeware turns implicit design methods into explicit knowledge and allows users to capture and reuse corporate know-how throughout the product life cycle. CATIA - Automotive Body in White Templates 2 benefits from the same knowledgeware capabilities, such as laws, rules, and optimization features, as its prerequisite, CATIA - Generative Shape Design (GSD). Body in white engineers can therefore take advantage of the ease and the quickness of these powerful tools for design change management.