3DEXPERIENCE Mechanical Designer - Associate
As a 3DEXPERIENCE Mechanical Designer - Associate, you have proven your knowledge and skills with CATIA fundamental modeling techniques after initial training and between one to six months of regular practice using CATIA Mechanical Design core products (Part Design, Assembly Design, and Drafting).
This exam proposes hands-on challenges based on industrial use cases that will require you to design, modify and analyze parts and assemblies. Fundamental understanding of design intent and drafting principles is assessed in multiple-choice questions.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Target audience: End-users; Students
- Recommended preparation courses
- Gateway to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform (4h)
- CATIA Mechanical Design Fundamentals (32h)
- CATIA Mechanical Systems Design Essentials (4h)
- Required Product: 3DEXPERIENCE (R2016x and higher)
- Number of questions: 19
- Minimum score to pass: 210 points out of 300 (70%)
- Available Languages: Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Prerequisite skills
- Ability to search parts in the 3DEXPERIENCE database
- Ability to use the following 3DEXPERIENCE apps: Part Design, Assembly Design, Mechanical Design Systems and Drafting
- Ability to understand a dimensioned drawing
- Skills tested
- Ability to design solid parts: sketch 2D profiles, offset profiles, create extruded and revolution features, create repetitive geometry, split a part using a surface, add dress-up features (fillets, drafts…) to a part, apply material, analyze the geometry (mass, center of gravity)...
- Ability to build assemblies: create a part in context, engineering connections, create and simulate a mechanism, analyze interferences and solve clashes, apply material, calculate the weight of components, and the mass and center of gravity of an assembly...
- Understand design intent applied to solid parts and assemblies such as: reordering and update principles, specification tree features and nodes, impact of modifications, degrees of freedom ...
- Understand Drafting capabilities applied to parts and assemblies such as view creation, dimensions and annotations, compass usage, dimension links, projection methods, sections and views, bill of materials, overload properties...