IBM System P5 185 Support announcement running AIX 5.3 TL04
Certification announcement for corresponding workstation model could be found under “IBM IntelliStation POWER 185”
IBM System p5 185 support requires:
AIX 5.3 Technology Level 04 (TL04 is delivered through APAR IY77273) using 64-bit kernel with following components:
- XL C/C++ Enterprise Edition V8.0.0 Run-time Environment
- January 2006 IBM C++ Runtime Environment Component for AIX (available at www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss)
- XL Fortran Enterprise Edition V10.1.0 for AIX Run-Time
- Base level available at www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss
- Java 1.3.1 32 bit SR7P
- IY58350 : JAVA 1.3.1 32-bit SR7P : ca131ifx-20040721a
- Database supported levels :
- DB2 V8.1.5 (AIX V5L version 5.3 TL04 requires 8.1 FP5 as minimum level) or DB2 V8.2
- Oracle 220.127.116.11 as minimum level
- Note that Database levels to install may depend of the V5 Release targeted. Refer to the Program Directories of targeted V5 Product level.
- Websphere Application Server at level 18.104.22.168 (when required)
- Note that WAS levels to install may depend of the V5 Release targeted. Refer to the Program Directories of targeted V5 Product level
- Sametime server 6.5.1 (when required)
- Note that Sametime Server levels to install may depend of the V5 Release targeted. Refer to the Program Directories of targeted V5 Product level
- IY80993: WORKAROUND APPLICATION DEPENDENCY ON SYSTEM-ID
Certification of the IBM System p5 185 has been run using the above Software prerequisites installed on the following hardware configuration:
- System Model: IBM,7037-A50
- Machine Serial Number: 1001F9A
- Processor Type: PowerPC_970MP
- Number Of Processors: 2
- Processor Clock Speed: 2516 MHz
- CPU Type: 64-bit
- Kernel Type: 64-bit
- RAM : 8032 MB
- Firmware Version: IBM,AT061_061
IBM "System p5 185" Server validation has been run without any graphic adapter and using the Virtual Frame Buffer Technology.
The XVFB technology requires installation of the following filesets :
- OpenGL.OpenGL_X.dev.vfb : OpenGL Virtual Frame Buffer
- X11.vfb : Virtual Frame Buffer Software
- Those filesets could be found on the AIX V5L 5.3 TL04 installation CDs.
To start the X Server with the XVFB and proper extensions :
- /usr/bin/X11/X -force -vfb -x abx -x dbe -x GLX :0 >/dev/null
To restart the X Server automatically at the next reboot, add an entry to the /etc/inittab file :
- mkitab "xvfb:2:respawn:/usr/bin/X11/X -force -vfb -x abx -x dbe -x GLX :0 >/dev/null"
It is recommended to start XVFB with the following memory customization :
- Set the following variable in the /usr/lpp/X11/defaults/xserverrc file before X is started : export LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA=0x50000000
- Additional information on this memory customization can be found in the section "Memory Issues with OpenGL Rendering in the X Server" of the OpenGL README file (/usr/lpp/OpenGL/README).
Installation and configuration of the XVFB requires root authority.
To have more information on the Virtual Frame Buffer Technology, please contact your IBM sales representative.
To have more information on the Virtual Frame Buffer Technology and the V5 Products, please refer to :
- LCA Documentation : - Enterprise Architecture Installation Guide / Using the Virtual Frame Buffer Technology ( AIX only)
- 3d Com Documentation :
- Administration Guide / Using the Virtual Frame Buffer Technology
- Installation Guide / Using the Virtual Frame Buffer Technology (AIX only)