The actions described in the prerequisites checks have to be performed as Windows System Administrator. Please ensure that you have the admin rights or that you contact your system administrator to prepare your computer to connect to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
The official Cloud Program Directory contains detailed prerequisites and system requirements. The following pages are describing the main highlighted requirements to check prior to upgrading to R2018x.
The official documentation resource that you can use as reference for prerequisites check is the H/W & S/W Requirements page.
Support Policy for Browsers is as follows:
- Internet Explorer 11 is a Validated platform
- Firefox 52 ESR is a Validated platform on Microsoft Windows 7
- Firefox 52 ESR is a Compatible platform on Microsoft Windows 8.1 Desktop & 10 Desktop
- Firefox x ESR, with x>52 is a Compatible Platform on Microsoft Windows
- Chrome, most current stable channel release, is a Compatible Platform
- In the IE settings (Internet Options > Security > Internet) check the box for “Enable Protected Mode”.
- In the IE settings (Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet) check the box for “Enable Protected Mode”.
- IE settings (Internet Options > Advanced tab > Security section) Ensure that “Check for server certificate revocation” Option is activated (if you switch it on, you need to restart your computer)
- IE settings (Internet Options > Advanced > Security) Ensure that “Enable Enhanced Protected Mode” Option is disabled
- IE settings (Compatibility View Settings) Ensure that "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" Option is disabled (the option is enabled by default)
- IE settings (Internet Options > Advanced > Security) Ensure that “TLS 1.0”, “TLS 1.1” and “TLS 1.2” Options are enabled
Native Apps are supported on:
- Windows 7;
- Windows 8.1 Desktop;
- Windows 10 Desktop.
For detailed information refer H/W & S/W Requirements page.
Bandwidth and Latency considerations
When receiving a Case, DS will determine if this is due to an issue specific to network round trip latency or available bandwidth between Customer’s location of access of the DS Offering and DS’s data center. If the round trip latency is above one hundred twenty (120) milliseconds, and/or if the available bandwidth is below two (2) MBytes/sec, DS reserves the right not to provide Support Services.
Such round trip latency / bandwidth measure shall be performed using 3DEXPERIENCE Paltform “Network Perfomance” utility accessible on the “Assistance / About 3DEXPERIENCE Platform / Support” menu.