PRINT TO PERFORM
SIMULATION FOR ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING
Digital Thread for Additive Manufacturing
Dassault Systemes offers a full portfolio of integrated applications for additive manufacturing that connect across multiple disciplines-design, manufacturing and simulation. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a rich set of applications identified within these key themes: 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace, ln-Silico Material Engineering, Function-dri ven Generati e Design, Process Design & Production Plan, and Global Production System.
Our virtual printing solution delivers the following key capabilities:
- Accurate, validated and reliable solutions
- Inherent strain and full thermal-mechanical solutions
- Micro-structure predictions, as-built material properties, and residual stresses
- Failure predictions, process induced (crack initiation and growth) or machine induced (recoater collisions)
- Post-processing effects: build plate removal and heat treatment
- In-service assessment and fatigue life predictions of manufactured parts
The digital thread provided by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform ensures the connection between these powerful and intuitive applications, and is key to producing functional parts using additive manufacturing methods.
The most seamless way to get your parts made and collaborate with leading digital manufacturers worldwide.
In the News
Mainstreaming of Additive Manufacturing: An Ecosystem Perspective | 3DPrint.com (Jun. 22, 2018)
Materials are core to any additive process-from first principles using molecular dynamics/quantum mechanics-is core to any materials research for additive, whether polymers or metal alloys.
Our function-driven design tools, backed by multiphysics simulation-based optimization and predictive analytics, has led to a new design practice for innovation.
- Considering Print Direction in Topology Optimization to Minimize Overhang Constraints | 2017 NAFEMS World Congress
- Solution from Lattice Sizing Optimization to Additive Manufacturing | 2017 Science n the age of Experience
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology | Case Study
In the News
- Bursting Additive Manufacturing’s Last Bubbles | Rapid Ready Tech (Jun. 20, 2018)
Print to Perform focuses on the core theme of Virtual Printing, our powerful general purpose framework for simulating additive manufacturing processes, materials and scales.
- Reduced Order Modeling via PGD for Highly Transient Thermal Evolutions in Additive Manufacturing | Computational Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering
- Estimates of the Mechanical Properties of Laser Powder Bed Fusion Ti-6AI-4V Parts using Finite Element Model | Materials & Design - Journal - Elsevier
- A Metallurgical Phase Transformation Framework Applied to SLM Additive Manufacturing Processes | Materials & Design - Journal - Elsevier
- Finite Element Simulation of the Fused Deposition Modelling Process | 2017 NAFEMS World Congress
- Phase Transformations in Metals during Additive Manufacturing Processes | 2017 NAFEMS World Congress
- Predicting the Properties of Additively Manufactured Parts | 2017 Science in the Age of Experience
- Finite Element Simulation of the Multi Jet Fusion (MJF™) Process using Abaqus | 2017 Science in the Age of Experience
- Process Modeling and Validation for Metal Big Area Additive Manufacturing | 2017 Science in the Age of Experience
- Simulation of Polymeric Composites Additive Manufacturing using Abaqus | 2017 Science in the Age of Experience
- Simulation of Semi-Crystalline Composites in the Extrusion Deposition Additive Manufacturing Process | 2017 Science in the Age of Experience
- Influence of Surrounding Powder Bed and Build Platform on Thermal Cooling Characteristics in 3D Printed Parts via Selective Laser Melting | 2017 Science in the Age of Experience
- Additive Manufacturing Part Level Distortion Sensitivity Analysis within Abaqus on a Thinwalled, Tubular Structure | 2018 Science in the Age of Experience
- Validation of a Generic Metallurgical Phase Transformation Framework Applied to Additive Manufacturing Processes | 2018 Science in the Age of Experience
- Prediction of the Degree of Bonding in the Extrusion Deposition Additive Manufacturing Process of Semi-Crystalline Polymer Composites | 2018 Science in the Age of Experience
- Boeing | Keynote presentation: Science in the Age of Experience 2018
- DuPont | Testimonial video
- SIMTech | Keynote presentation: Science in the Age of Experience 2018
- Purdue University | Keynote presentation: Science in the Age of Experience 2018
- Purdue University | Testimonial Video
In the News
- Science in the Age of Experience: Additive Manufacturing Symposium Draws Expert Discussion on Progress, Challenges | 3DPrint.com (Jun. 20, 2018)
Global production enables additive manufacturing farms or factories where the entire process-from manufacturing and machining to creating the final part-can be scheduled for production in an optimal manner.
In the News
- Aerospace, Architecture, Consumer Applications Highlight 3D Printing Usage in Additive Manufacturing Symposium | 3DPrint.com (Jun. 21, 2018)
- Expert Discussion Looks to the Future of 3D Printing, Supply Chain, Democratization | 3DPrint.com (Jun. 21, 2018)
- Workforce is Key to the Development of Additive Manufacturing: Interview with Women in Manufacturing | 3DPrint.com (Jun. 20, 2018)