Many different load regimes must be considered in the mechanical qualification of a new semiconductor design, including thermal performance, vulnerability to shock and moisture sensitivity. Production of prototype parts followed by physical testing is a time consuming process. Virtual product qualification can provide major time savings, leading to reduced time-to-market and improved productivity.
The Abaqus Unified FEA product suite from SIMULIA offers increased simulation accuracy to allow better product design. Our solution includes advanced material models for leaded and lead-free solder, modern progressive fracture/failure capabilities for thermo-mechanical delamination, best-in-class solver performance and interactive capabilities to make model generation and preparation more efficient.
- Unified modeling and simulation environment based on Abaqus/CAE
- Tools available to simply and efficiently build complex electronics assemblies from Electrical-CAD data
- Specialized simulation procedures allowing best-in-class performance of cyclic loading for lifecycle prediction
- Advanced material modeling and calibration tools for leaded and lead-free solder
- Simulation methods to allow robust coupled-field analyses of thermal, electrical, mechanical (both static and dynamic) and moisture-sensitivity load regimes
- Multiple load types can be applied to a single model
- Techniques available to efficiently handle the problems of different size scales typically found in electronic assemblies
- Process automation available to capture expert-generated workflows for deployment to non-FEA-expert users