Power generation equipment and structures need to be designed for assembly loads, earthquake and wind loads and loads arising from other environmental conditions. The structural members can also be subjected to thermal loads, vibrations and degradation due to corrosion. Fatigue due to cyclic loading also demands consideration. The analysis and design of power generation equipment and its associated structures require the estimation of damage over the life cycle of the entire power generation plant, fatigue in equipment, quasi-static phenomena such as creep, nonlinear dynamic effects due to earthquake loads, and coupled fluid-structure interactions in turbines.
The Abaqus Unified FEA suite from SIMULIA provides realistic simulation solutions that allow accurate predictions of strength and deformations in power plant structures and equipment in the linear and nonlinear regime. Abaqus pre- and postprocessing technology coupled with its sophisticated solvers will provide you with a complete and reliable solution for structural analysis. Static, modal and dynamic analyses can be performed using a wide range of material models and loading/boundary conditions. You can model power plant structures and equipment and measure detailed effects due to contact and damage. SIMULIA’s Isight product allows optimization of not only individual components but also allows optimization of subsystems and complete wind turbine systems. The SLM product from SIMULIA enables collaboration across different groups and companies.
- A wide range of material models including plasticity and creep
- Nonlinear implicit and explicit dynamic analysis capabilities
- Quasi-static analysis capability for modeling creep
- Modal and buckling analysis, response spectrum analysis, random response analysis
- Embedded elements and rebars for modeling reinforcement
- Industry-leading contact capabilities, including automatic contact detection and general contact
- State-of-the art capabilities for automating the exploration of design alternatives and identification of optimal performance parameters for components, subsystems and complete assemblies
- Simulation Lifecycle Management solutions to accelerate collaborative decision making
- Fatigue modeling capabilities using fe-safe