For spacecraft, satellites and planetary exploration vehicles there is no margin for error and testing possibilities are limited. For these systems, realistic and accurate simulations are necessary to produce a product that can accomplish all defined goals and have a long, useful life.
Multiple simulations are necessary to measure operational and environmental loadings on these products. Typical analyses include thermal, stress, fatigue, durability, transportation and handling simulations as well as dynamic analysis in the modal domain or the transient, often nonlinear, domain. The ability to cosimulate these loads coupled with kinematic and mechanism operations is essential.
SIMULIA's realistic simulation solutions enable you to access a wide variety of capabilities for the advanced simulation of space systems.
- Dynamic analysis (both implicit and explicit)
- Linear and nonlinear static and dynamic simulations
- Coupled thermal-structural analysis
- Coupled kinematic-stress analysis
- Accurate modeling of contact events