Simpack FTire Model and Application Training
This course presents a detailed overview of the physical tire model FTire.
The course covers the following topics:
- FTire introduction and overview (application cases, FTire features)
- Basic tire model (tire belt structure and tread description)
- Advanced tire model (tread wear and thermal model, tread pattern)
- Road model (3D road surfaces, flexible road surfaces, spatial parametric road descriptions)
- Input/output data file handling (tire and road data handling, additional result files)
- FTire/Tools (utilities for pre- and postprocessing, tire input data estimation )
- FTire parameterization (overview of measurements and parameter fitting)
The course is divided into lectures and workshops. The course's workshops are integral parts of the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual simulations.
The course lecturers are from cosin scientific software, responsible for FTire development and application.
Who should attend
Simulation analysts and engineers who will prepare multibody models of road vehicles (cars, commercial and agricultural vehicles) in Simpack will benefit from attending this class. Before undertaking the course, users should have completed the Simpack Basics training course. Having attended the Simpack Automotive training course is also recommended.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration