Simpack Flexible Bodies Training
This course is about structural flexibility in Simpack. It explains explains how to import linear finite element (FE) models into Simpack and how to model linear and nonlinear beam structures directly in Simpack.
The course covers the following topics:
- Basics of Flexible Bodies in Simpack
- Preparing the FE models for the import
- Craigh-Bampton reduction
- Import of the reduced FE-Models into Simpack
- Modal representation of Flexible Bodies in Simpack
- Mode selection for linear Flexible Bodies
- Markers on Flexible Bodies
- Damping options
- Analyses with Flexible Bodies
- Flexible Body postprocessing in Simpack
- Stress recovery with Simpack
- Modeling linear and nonlinear beam structures directly in Simpack (Simpack SIMBEAM)
The course is divided into lectures and workshops. The course's workshops are integral parts of the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual simulations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for multibody engineers wishing to consider the flexible deformation of Bodies in their Simpack models. Before undertaking the Simpack Flexible Bodies training course, you should have completed the Simpack Basics training course. Basic finite element knowledge is beneficial.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration