Take advantage of this live online course right from your desk. Each day of the class will begin with a lecture session. After the lecture, workshop sessions are conducted offline with technical support provided by hosting office via phone and email. Some hosting offices also allow for in-person attendance.
Have you ever used contact in finite element analyses and encountered convergence difficulties? Have you ever had concerns interpreting contact analysis results? If so, then this class is for you. In this class you will learn the latest techniques and strategies to help you make effective use of the contact modeling capabilities in Abaqus. Topics that will be covered include:
- Surface-to-surface contact formulation
- Accurate prediction of contact stresses
- Stabilization techniques
- Best practices for contact modeling
- Philosophy behind general contact
- Proper application of general contact in Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit
- Convergence issues specific to contact
- Effective use of Abaqus/CAE for setting up contact models
This course is a customized subset of the Modeling Contact with Abaqus/Standard course.
Who should attend?
This seminar is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus.