Modeling Contact with Abaqus/Standard
Understanding the interaction between bodies is essential for solving many engineering problems. Manufacturing processes, gears, bearings, seals and dynamic impact events all involve contact. Engineers at Abaqus have developed many techniques and guidelines for solving challenging contact problems. This seminar teaches users how to:
- Define general contact and contact pairs
- Define appropriate surfaces (rigid or deformable)
- Model frictional contact
- Model large sliding between deformable bodies
- Analyze dynamic impact problems
- Resolve overclosures in interference fit problems
- Avoid overconstraining the model
- Avoid rigid body motions and unstable motions
- Use pre-tension sections to simulate assembly loads
Participants are given a brief overview of the contact formulation and contact logic used in Abaqus/Standard. The hands-on workshops provide ample opportunity to use the concepts developed in the lectures and to learn how to postprocess the results of a contact analysis.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus/Standard.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of Abaqus classes on the Companion Learning Space platform.