Introduction to Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit
This introductory course is the ideal way to obtain a working knowledge of how to use both Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit to solve linear and nonlinear problems. The seminar introduces you to the analysis capabilities of Abaqus using the keywords interface.
The course covers the following topics
- Fundamental modeling techniques and input syntax
- Linear and nonlinear statics
- Selection of the appropriate element for your problem
- Adaptive load incrementation and convergence criteria
- Interpretation of messages issued by Abaqus
- Geometric, material and contact-induced nonlinearity
- Linear elasticity and metal plasticity
- Restarting of analyses
- Appropriate modeling for contact problems
- Eigenfrequency extraction
- Linear and nonlinear dynamics
- Model transfer between Abaqus/Explicit and Abaqus/Standard
The course's workshops are an integral part of the training. They are designed to reinforce the concepts presented during the lectures and to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual Abaqus analyses. The workshops also provide instruction on using Abaqus postprocessors for results evaluation.
This course is suitable for all Abaqus users, regardless of which modeling package they use. It is also designed to complement the Introduction to Abaqus/CAE course.
Who should attend
New Abaqus users who will primarily use third-party preprocessors and whose work will require routine editing of input files should attend. No previous knowledge of Abaqus is required, but some basic knowledge of finite elements and continuum mechanics is desirable.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration