Design and Characterization of SerDes Channels
Improve SI performance
High-fidelity 3D electromagnetic simulation has been used in the design process by RF engineers for decades, and the same techniques can also be used to model high-speed serial channels, from individual elements such as vias and connectors to the full PCB and the entire channel.
With this whitepaper, learn about:
- How 3D electromagnetic simulation can be implemented in the design flow for SerDes channels
- How to make early stage design decisions regarding via backdrilling and routing layer that are difficult to change at a later stage
- How unexpected causes of signal integrity (SI) problems overlooked by conventional simulation methods can be detected with 3D simulation
- The consideration of the entire channel and the need for signal processing such as emphasis / equalization to improve SI performance
- How eye diagrams can be simulated for complex channels, and how the entire channel can be simulated for post-layout verification
Complete the form to read the whitepaper.