New Release Available
The V6R2013x release includes enhancements to the SIMULIA DesignSight, ExSight and Simulation Lifecycle Management (SLM) product families as well as the CATIA V6 Analysis product portfolio.
By implementing simulation early in the design process designers improve productivity, quality and product performance. The design products offer two different approaches to Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to suit the needs of all users. Designers can take advantage of traditional FEA capabilities using CATIA V6 Analysis, or begin to leverage significant ease-of-use benefits from DesignSight, incorporating robust technology from Abaqus FEA. SLM enables design teams and decision makers to capture, deploy and enforce company specific simulation best practices throughout the enterprise for collaborative decision making.
ExSight V6R2013x adds several new modeling capabilities:
- New modeling and visualization capabilities.
- Beam elements, are now supported and allow users to define their own beam profiles.
- Continuum shells allow for easier and better modeling of composites structures.
- Gaskets are now available, notably for powertrain analyses.
- Additional procedures have been added, including mode-based linear dynamics, usually for noise and vibration applications, and buckling, for analysis of unstable structures.
- Results visualization has been enhanced to leverage remote computing resources for higher performance, with the ability to display the surrounding assembly to a set of simulation results.
V6R2013x provides enhancements for visualizing results, usability and report creation:
- DesignSight now offers realistic thermal and structural contact interactions with an easy-to-use user interface, enabling users to understand how parts influence each other within an assembly.
- Several new loads and restraints, such as centrifugal force, convection loading (when thermal stress is caused by coming in contact with another part at a different temperature) and restraints around and along any XYZ axis.
SIMULIA Simulation Lifecycle Management (SLM)
V6R2013x provides enhancements for data retention and collaborative working environments:
- Streamline the product development process thanks to further integration of simulation with the rest of the enterprise solution.
- Better support of ENOVIA Engineering, Designer and Requirement Central data allows for an even more seamless product development process. For example, values defined in Requirement Central can directly be used in simulation workflows.
- Dedicated search tools for retrieving simulation data based on simulation related classification are now exposed to all V6 users, ensuring any user can find the simulation data they need.
- SLM also continues to provide new functionality for advanced users, including the support of array (or multi-valued) attributes, improved execution communication and flexible simulation job log configuration for administrators.