EXALEAD CloudView Connectivity
In a Big Data World, Meaningful Context Begins with the Right Connections
EXALEAD CloudView helps organization cut costs and increase revenue by solving one of today’s most vexing information systems challenges: achieving a unified view of information across data silos to support global search and discovery and innovative new business applications.
CloudView delivers this unified view quickly and cost-effectively by collecting heterogeneous, multi-source data and automatically transforming it into a single structured information resource: the CloudView Index. EXALEAD Connectivity fulfills the first essential step in this transformation: data collection and preliminary processing.
Collect Data in Any Volume, from Any Source
EXALEAD Connectivity uses state-of-the-art data connectors and the industry’s most advanced Web crawler to gather unstructured, semi-structured and structured data from virtually any source in the enterprise cloud.
This includes an intelligent extraction of complex structured data and associated rich metadata (attributes, rules, relationships, etc.) from the world’s most sophisticated enterprise applications and data warehouse systems.
EXALEAD Connectivity further offers Semantic ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) of the “grey” data that constitutes the bulk of today’s Big Data collections:
- Unstructured content like documents, emails, call recordings and videos
- Semi-structured data such as HTML and XML, including social media content
- Small but voluminous “big bit bucket” structured content such as the machine data produced by smart meters, RFID readers, barcode scanners, weblogs and GPS tracking units
Working in tandem with the EXALEAD Semantic Factory, the semantic ETL processors within the EXALEAD Connectivity module automatically structure unstructured information, and enrich minimally structured (semi-structured) data.
In brief, EXALEAD Connectivity is an essential first component in a secure, automated and industrialized framework that transforms raw or siloed Big Data into meaningful and accessible content that can satisfy any information search, exploration or analysis need.
- Delivers a fully-unified view of information
- Guarantees non-intrusive, secure and automated data collection
- Ensures high performance even at Big Data scale
Packaged CloudView connectors are available for most enterprise sources, including file servers,Web servers (crawler), XML and HDFS systems, databases, email systems, directories, content management and collaboration systems, and the ENOVIA platform.
All of these packaged connectors are complemented by a robust Application Programming Interface (API) for connectivity to obsolete or custom (bespoke) repositories.
CloudView Connectivity Highlights
- Secure, non-intrusive data acquisition
- Choice of real-time, batch, or incremental updates
- Fail-proof checkpoint mechanism (writes/updates processed in “all or nothing” mode)
- Informatica PowerCenter OEM agreement for reliable connectivity to emerging information sources