MECODES is the solution for the concurrent and synchronized product development across design disciplines, their teams, and related locations.
Designed specifically for the collaboration of MCAD and ECAD systems, MECODES integrates mechanical, electrical and electronics design disciplines performed with market leading authoring systems such as the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. By introducing a new methodology for multi-domain collaboration for designing electro-mechanical products, there are no many common rework iterations. The essence of mechatronic approach is to facilitate collaboration between ECAD and MCAD domains in a way that the users in one domain have access to all relevant information in other domain.
Without MECODES developers were frequently siloed in mechanical, electrical/electronic and software engineering teams in former times. It may be requested to collaborate between multiple locations, amongst companies, and in the supply chains. The resulting development process contains an immensely complex design workflow. This creates hurdles in the development process, requires data integration across the design disciplines, the exchange of incremental design changes, component collision- and rule-violation checking, for less rework, higher quality and shorter development times. Any disconnect means loss of time and opportunity and increased cost.
MECODES addresses electromechanical design issues in all phases of the product development cycle to ensure that both domains are synchronized to enable consistent, iterative communication between design disciplines. In addition, it keeps design teams harmonized, processes integrated and avoids rework late in the design flow. The ECAD/MCAD collaboration capabilities in MECODES enable ECAD and MCAD teams to optimize design placement and electrical requirements within tight form factor constraints, while still meeting quality, reliability, and performance requirements.
With MECODES you can:
- Improve design quality, faster development processes and reduce unnecessary iterations through an active exchange of information throughout the whole planning and design process at any point in the chain of the development process
- Optimize and shortened development cycles by integrating electromechanical design processes, design teams, design disciplines, and workflows
- Increase product and process innovation through communication between the design teams, re-use of product models and knowledge sharing
- Do advance product analysis of cross-discipline results by 3D product representations and related data for simulation and further processing in the PLM system with its own product data management systems and financial systemes
- Decrease time-to-market by resolving hurdles through communication within the entire product development process
- Accelerate return-on-investment by a faster introduction of new products into the marketplace