CATIA for Engineers enables Digital Prototyping including Analysis and Simulation for design and validation of function quality and performance at all stages ofthe design.
Mechanical engineering is complex as assemblies are designed to perform a specific task with a specific target performance. Digital prototyping, combined with digital analysis and simulation, allows product development teams to virtually create and analyze a mechanical product in its environment. Mechanical engineers must be equipped with these tools so that they can gain insight into key factors in quality and performance early in the product development phase.
Key benefits include
- Creation of any type of 3D part, from rough 3D sketches for early conception, to machined, sheetmetal, composites, molded, forged or tooling parts up to the definition of mechanical assemblies, which can be advanced welded assemblies.
- Mechanical System Design provides an unbreakable relational design, thanks to a new way to manage links between objects and related behaviors in a PLM collaborative environment. Parts Placement Assembly constraints facilitate collaborative work, unrivalled concurrent engineering capabilities and scalability in configured assemblies.
- Easy and smooth evolution from 2D- to 3D-based design methodologies is fostered thanks to comprehensive drawing production with market leading generative drafting fully associative with 3D.
- Productivity and consistency of drawing update improves productivity by removing the need for additional user operations
- Process oriented tools to capture the manufacturing process intent at an early stage of the design: the functional modeling approach is dedicated to plastic or molded parts, automatic filletting and autodraft optimize foundry and forge tooling design, fastening or welding workbenches enable companies to harness all the required disciplines
- Wide range of application for tooling design, for both generic tooling as well as mold and die
- High quality design is provided for all mechanical parts, resulting from strong partnerships with industry leaders from all industries.
- Dedicated end-to-end solution for designing and documenting electrical harnesses in all products that include electrical components
- 3D design of piping and tubing systems using industry standards and specifications, within the context of a full digital mock-up
- Design of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) inside the virtual product and simplified collaboration between mechanical and electronics specialists
- Advanced technologies for mechanical surfacing, based on a powerful specification-driven modeling approach
- Embedded software management capabilities enabling software engineers to define, simulate and generate C-code for any control systems