Product Key Customer Benefits
|Customers with at least a V3C ENOVIA 3d com license and an appropriate ENOVIAVPM license benefit automatically from these functions since the relevant configuration includes the product. Best practices enabled include:
- Support for a flexible and reactive engineering design chain.
- Subcontractors or remote sites that need access to ENOVIAVPM facilities over a Web link will use this product.
- Briefcasing allows work distribution and tracking.
- Most Engineer, Product Engineer and Manager role functions are enabled such as work definition and tracking, variant management, impact analysis, clash, access to product data stored in ENOVIAVPM, maturity and release control, transfer of CAD and other data to appropriate browse and authoring editors.
- Extraction and transfer of ENOVIAVPM data from design engineering to manufacturing.
- Exchange of data with SMARTEAM, LCA and very small suppliers using the SmartBriefcase protocol.
- Support for relational design and design in context using CATIA V5 and DMU interoperability. ENOVIA 3d com together with the ENOVIA - Multi-PDM - CDM/VPM plug-in are key to deploying CATIA V5 and DMU across Windows platforms.
- Decision support. ENOVIA 3d com is the link between ENOVIAVPM and enterprise reporting tools. It allows the user to search the database and transfer data into the appropriate tool (Excel, for instance) or in a neutral HTML format. Reports can be defined as templates and stored in ENOVIAVPM, then run regularly. Bills of material can be compared.
- Interoperability with ENOVIA V5 Workflow products.
Note: Access to ENOVIAVPM functions requires an appropriate ENOVIAVPM license.