Unified Live Collaboration
The Unified Live Collaboration domain allows companies to deploy product lifecycle processes across the extended enterprise by providing a single view of IP across all business process domains, powerful collaborative process management capabilities, and an SOA that integrates with other enterprise systems. The domain contains the following sub-processes: Data Warehouse Indexing and Search, Business Process Management and Execution, IP Asset Federation, and I-PLM Studio Collaboration.
ENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO
ENOVIA® X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO enables real-time collaboration between product engineering and manufacturing with bi-directional data exchange sharing of part, bill-of-material (BOM), operational, manufacturing cost and inventory data.
Most companies have standardized on Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems for product planning and product engineering and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems for managing manufacturing and financial operations. Both types of systems rely on product information typically represented in the form of a bill-of-material (BOM). It is also typical for both systems to allow data modifications to be made at different stages of the product lifecycle. As such, companies need both a process and technology strategy to keep product information synchronized without impacting product development innovation and manufacturing operations efficiency. ENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO enables companies to realize this vision with the following business benefits:
- Provide seamless collaboration and data sharing between product engineering and manufacturing operations for speedier time-to-market
- Ensure that critical design changes are visible throughout the design and manufacturing processes regardless of the system that initiates the change
- Eliminate re-work and late-cycle change notices due to improved BOM accuracy from automatic data transfers
- Reduce product delays by providing manufacturing with early visibility for long lead time items and potential manufacturing issues with designs
- Provides a seamless information flow between ENOVIA and one or more QAD MFG/PRO instances
- Provides product engineering with early access to manufacturing operations data in real time and in the context of their work
- Eliminates data entry errors by automatically exchanging “work in process” product information, such as preliminary BOM structures
- Enables end-to-end data and process management without disruption to established system capabilities
- Elminates unnecessary duplication of work and improves re-use by providing access to data from each system
- Provides early warnings for long lead-time components and potential manufacturing design issues by providing manufacturing engineers with visibility to preliminary BOM structures
Technology OverviewENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO places few restrictions on the data model and may be configured to handle a variety of data. ENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO utilizes only standard available Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to ease future upgrades. ENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO uses password encryption to provide a secure communication channel between ENOVIA and MFG/PRO. Data access is controlled through ENOVIA role privileges and synchronization of data lifecycles between ENOVIA and MFG/PRO.
Part Data TransferENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO allows for on-demand or process driven part transfers. If necessary, it can be mandatory to use an Engineering Change Order (ECO) for the part transfer. Supporting multiple plant locations with the unique metadata associated with each location and ERP instance is a must in today’s world of acquisitions where companies have manufacturing locations around the world. Users can view and retrieve information from MFG/PRO while in ENOVIA to assist in design decisions. Examples of MFG/PRO data available in ENOVIA include basic item data, pricing information and specific revision levels with effectivity cut in/out dates.
BOM Data TransferENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO is most effectively used for the transfer of BOM information between ENOVIA and MFG/PRO without manual intervention to increase accuracy and throughput to production systems. ENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO allows for the transfer of a common or a plant-specific BOM. The transfer can be controlled through the use of an ECO, or performed as needed by a user with appropriate permissions. A single level BOM with associated metadata can be transferred. ENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO provides pre-transfer checks that allow specific business process protocols to be enforced and the ability to automatically instantiate parts into MFG/PRO. ENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO supports BOM alternatives and quantity rollup as well as reference designators for electronics. From within the ENOVIA user interface, users may query for and display a variety of information about BOMs stored in MFG/PRO. Users may select plant location and revision levels to display the single level BOM with associated BOM alternatives. ENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO has the following BOM reporting capabilities: - Display single level MFG/PRO BOM - Compare EBOM with the MFG/PRO Engineering or production BOM - Display all revision levels of BOM in MFG/PRO with effectivity dates
Change Management Data TransferENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO controls the release of information from an engineering design environment to manufacturing production. (ECOs) or Manufacturing Change Orders MCO associated with the transfer of parts and BOM contain important metadata such as effectivity cut in/out dates and is transferred on change order release.
The Role of ENOVIA V6 and PLM 2.0ENOVIA X-BOM for QAD MFG/PRO PLM 2.0 supports product lifecycle management online for everyone, and the ENOVIA V6 values: global collaborative innovation, single PLM platform for intellectual property (IP) management, online creation and collaboration, ready to use PLM business processes, and lower cost of ownership.