Unified Live Collaboration
The Unified Live Collaboration domain allows companies to deploy product lifecycle processes across the extended enterprise by providing a single view of IP across all business process domains, powerful collaborative process management capabilities, and an SOA that integrates with other enterprise systems. The domain contains the following sub-processes: Data Warehouse Indexing and Search, Business Process Management and Execution, IP Asset Federation, and I-PLM Studio Collaboration.
ENOVIA Studio VPM API
ENOVIA® Studio VPM API provides programming interfaces to extend ENOVIA® VPM Central™ or ENOVIA® VPM Team Central ™ implementations with company-specific processes and functionality.
ENOVIA® Studio VPM API provides a comprehensive set of functional Application Programming Interface (AAPI_ components that are integrated into the ENOVIA® Studio Development tools to allow customers to program and build their own C++ applications in accordance with the V6 architecture). Using ENOVIA V6 C++ programming interfaces, developers can create custom applications that seamlessly integrate to the best-of-breed VPM-based applications. APIs are available for the following commercial products:
- ENOVIA® VPM Central™ and ENOVIA® VPM Team Central™
- ENOVIA® VPM Configured Structure Definition
- ENOVIA® System Functional Logical Definition
- ENOVIA® VPM Digital Validation
- ENOVIA® VPM Interference Check
- ENOVIA® VPM Interference Management
- ENOVIA® VPM Supply Chain Collaborative Engineering
Each of the ENOVIA Studio VPM API functional API components comes with:
- API build-time (B/T) definition integrated into the development tools
- Reference documentation for the B/T API integrated into the V6 Development Encyclopedia
- Technical articles explaining major functional topics for application development (such as persistency, long transaction, etc.)
- Code examples with usage explanations
- Specific build-time tools that complement the developer’s studio development environment
- Extend the standard functionality of VPM-based products to fit specific needs and processes
- Benefit from a seamless user interface for custom programs inserted directly in the ENOVIA application frame
- Use best-of-breed modeler techniques to ensure IP integrity across the various disciplines
Multi-discipline CollaborationENOVIA Studio VPM API offers all the foundations for developers to use ENOVIA Studio development tools to create robust and scalable applications, and allows Dassault Systèmes authoring tools to accept and share data that is used as the V6 foundation for overall work-in-progress modelers. This gives developers the ability to define: - Operating system abstractions - Middleware abstractions - Batch monitoring - Knowledge, mathematics and physics foundations - Object modeler - Persistency with the ENOVIA® Live Collaboration server - Object integration with PLM persistency - New batch applications ENOVIA Studio VPM API also enables developers to create applications with a seamless user interface experience. This means that developers can: - Enhance the user interface experience - Extend viewing capability by creating additional user-selected 2D/3D visualization - Provide interactive controls for interface presentation/visualization - Include advanced dialog controllers - Integrate within ENOVIA V6 Windows application frame ENOVIA Studio VPM API delivers tools to develop programs that: - Retrieve data from the database and open the application editor - Edit product data, depending on the various supported modelers - Provide interactive facilities of some commands from VPM-related products - Save the data back to the database
Extend ENOVIA VPM Central CapabilitiesENOVIA Studio VPM API allows developers to: - Access the ENOVIA VPM Central design catalog - Provide a physical structure modeler API to build or modify product structure and surrounding 3D representation. It also provides extensions to the Physical Editor to enable the definition of new user workbenches, or the extension of existing workbenches with new customer toolbars. - Provide extensions to the Functional Logical Editor to enable the definition of new user workbenches, or the extension of existing workbenches with new customer toolbars. - Use the interference solver. - Enable modifications to digital validation data.
The Role of ENOVIA V6 and PLM 2.0ENOVIA® Studio VPM API supports PLM 2.0, product lifecycle management online for everyone, and the ENOVIA V6 values: global collaborative innovation, single PLM platform for intellectual property (IP) management, online creation and collaboration, ready to use PLM business processes, and lower cost of ownership.