Paris, France, and Providence, R.I., USA, September 18, 2008 – Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced the availability of Isight for Abaqus, a new product from SIMULIA, the DS brand for realistic simulation, that leverages technology from recently acquired Engineous Software.
Isight for Abaqus is an add-on product for Abaqus FEA software that provides design exploration and optimization technology, which enables designers and engineers to perform rapid trade-off studies of real-world behavior.
The software allows a user to quickly explore thousands of design options in a well-understood space of competitive choices. It supports parallel submission of optimization, Monte Carlo, and Design of Experiments (DOE) jobs on multiprocessor machines or with third-party job scheduling software. An Isight for Abaqus user can collaborate with colleagues and partners in the extended enterprise to rapidly find the best design via an intuitive, interactive graphical user interface.
“As we have worked to accelerate our development of medical devices, Medrad has benefited from the simulation software and consulting expertise provided by SIMULIA,” stated Ned Uber, Ph.D., Medrad Fellow, Medrad, Inc. “Now, the use of Isight for Abaqus to automate simulation exploration will enable us to perform multi-factor Design of Experiments analysis—painlessly.”
“The release of Isight for Abaqus marks a major milestone for SIMULIA as we leverage technology acquired from Engineous to expand and enhance our realistic simulation and simulation lifecycle management portfolio,” said Steve Crowley, director of product management, SIMULIA, Dassault Systèmes. “With the rapid delivery of this new product, SIMULIA is bringing market-leading optimization technology directly to our Abaqus users. This will dramatically increase the number of design options they can evaluate, enhance their products’ performance, reliability and quality, and reduce design cycle time and manufacturing cost.”
Highlights of Isight for Abaqus:
• A complete suite of DOE techniques enables customers to explore the design space.
• Gradient and Genetic algorithms optimize design performance for structural, thermal, acoustic, and other performance attributes.
• Quality and Six Sigma methods take into account the manufacturing and operational variability in product design.
• Multi-run scatter plots offer one-click visualization of the virtual prototype in Abaqus/Viewer.
• Correlation maps show the influence of design variables on product performance.
• Response Surface Method (RSM) and Radial Basis Function (RBF) approximations interactively trade off product performance.
For more information, visit: http://www.simulia.com/products/i4a.html.