Product Key Customer Benefits
|STRIM and STYLER files known as CATIA files... STRIM and STYLER files (with extension ".tdg") can be selected in file "Open" to create and display a CATIA part document. Geometry of the files is enclosed in a CATIA format. Files can be selected in the CATIA - DMU Navigator to be inserted as existing components in a CATProduct.
STRIM and STYLER geometry... The STRIM and STYLER geometry models retrieved in CATIA are:
- Wireframe: points, curves
- Surfaces: planes, patches and trimmed faces converted into single surfaces
- Topology: skins (open shells) are converted into multi-surfaces.
- Construction Elements: planes, coordinate systems
Exact geometry retrieval...No approximation of geometry representation is used during the conversion of the models:
- CATIA part retrieves, by default, the EXACT original geometry.
- High degree curves and surfaces are not split.
- Original topological structures are preserved with a one-to-one mapping.
- Geometry is healed during conversion - as an option, and in case the skins original geometry introduces go-continuity defects.
Original models display services are retained...Original models display services, like layers, colors and Hide/Show, are retained in the resulting CATIA parts.
Binary formats conversion Files generated with STRIM and STYLER on any UNIX or Windows platform can be read in CATIA V5, running either on UNIX, or Windows. The product performs a conversion of binary formats on the fly.