Achieving greater productivity
Piping and HVAC are key disciplines in the overall design of today's complex ships and platforms. Engineers need a productive solution to define, simulate, and validate piping and HVAC systems as part of the early design, using detailed specifications accounting for customer requirements, regulatory standards, and project rules.
They need to be able to easily define and manage schematic diagrams using integrated design rules and catalogs. These 2D diagrams are then used to drive the equipment arrangement and 3D system layout. As the space on ships is generally very limited and various disciplines are working in parallel, the ability to efficiently perform early space capture and reservation is critical for interference checking and early design validation in order to alleviate contentions during downstream processes that would cause costly reworks and delays.
Integration between the 2D logical and 3D physical design enables engineers to quickly and easily check design integrity and compliance with customer and classification requirements.
With 'Piping & HVAC Design', part of the Designed For Sea industry solution experience, see how you can:
- Define piping and HVAC engineering specifications to drive the part selection process and ensure design integrity
- Develop piping and HVAC diagrams
- Define equipment arrangement and system layout
- Generate and synchronize 3D physical design based on 2D logical design
- Manage design intent to enable specification-driven generation of detail design and synchronization when changes occur
- Simulate, analyze, and validate piping and HVAC systems dynamically
- Generate piping and HVAC specific drawings and reports automatically
Watch this webinar replay and find out more about 'Piping & HVAC Design'.