Design Optimization process includes schematic design and design development. A designer needs to take into account concept model coming from planning, owner requirements, regional code requirements, green building adaptation and many others. Design development requires detailed floor plans which includes major construction systems and general details. This process integrates 3D model from architects, structural engineers, MEP engineers to one single model in order to simulate whole design and construction process. It includes clash detection, construction schedule simulation and other critical simulations.
Dassault Systèmes provides a spectrum of design tools for conceptual design, detail design and construction processes. Taking advantage of our experience and domain expertise in the manufacturing, energy and shipbuilding industries, we also provide a series of applications for the design and simulation of structural, electrical and piping systems for the construction industry.
Solution capabilities include:
- Geometry built using persistent relationships that can be updated to address project changes, through flexible parameters and dimensions.
- Visibility to comprehensive project status, including information coming from the extended teams
- Ability to estimate costs with accuracy and confidence
- Integration of financial, project data and geometry data in one system
- Up-to-date coordination and delivery of project data contributing to reduction of errors, omissions, rework in the field and transaction costs.
- Integration of documentation, fabrication or construction activity management
- Building simulation and geo technical analysis